01 Cyote Interceptor.

Hrtmn450

Just put the kart togeather for Sr. Pred. Was wondering if someone could help with a starting point for setup. No idea how much cross or left side these karts like. Kart is getting a pretty nasty mid coner push. Gonna scale it this week and would be nice to have some base specs to get somewhat close to where it needs to be. Any help is appreciated.

Just put the kart togeather for Sr. Pred. Was wondering if someone could help with a starting point for setup. No idea how much cross or left side these karts like. Kart is getting a pretty nasty mid coner push. Gonna scale it this week and would be nice to have some base specs to get somewhat close to where it needs to be. Any help is appreciated.
what Tire are you racing it with ? Is there a tire rule ?

Something tells me this is a straight rail chassis .
We ran a Thrasher then they came out with an updated model I thought was the avenger and Bullet before the thrasher .

Something tells me this is a straight rail chassis .
We ran a Thrasher then they came out with an updated model I thought was the avenger and Bullet before the thrasher .
I was just getting on to ask the same question is this a straight rail or off set ?

My kids won a lot of races on the Interceptor and Thrasher on asphalt. They are LTO karts. My (failing) memory tells me 56L 44F and 56-62 cross, start@ 59. Keep front stagger low 1/2 to 3/4 tops and as narrow as possible. The Interceptor does not react to changes in rear stagger as much as most karts. We only ran the Interceptors at light weights between 250 and 335 Lbs. The front end begs to be more adjustable on camber. Does yours still have the rear torshion bar? Most everbody took it off but we had better results with it on and adjusted flat.

Last edited:
My kids won a lot of races on the Interceptor and Thrasher on asphalt. They are LTO karts. My (failing) memory tells me 56L 44F and 56-62 cross, start@ 59. Keep front stagger low 1/2 to 3/4 tops and as narrow as possible. The Interceptor does not react to changes in rear stagger as much as most karts. We only ran the Interceptors at light weights between 250 and 335 Lbs. The front end begs to be more adjustable on camber. Does yours still have the rear torshion bar? Most everbody took it off but we had better results with it on and adjusted flat.

Thank you. I'll give those specs a shot. I have 1-1/2 stagger rear and 3/4 front currently. No bar.

As far as set-up on that era chassis in general a good base line is a more balanced set up. 56% left, 56% cross, 45% nose, If front is adjustable
2.5 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber, Even if it's not adjustable I would be sliding an old axle over spindle shaft and setting camber by hand If it's off by more than .25 I would be tweaking it. As far as these chassis needing low front stagger I have no knowledge there, 1 1/2 " rear would be close for Naugle, but once you get chassis set - up right would be a little to much for Blairsville.
If when you ran 11's right after rain plus If they were new not prepped up enough that still could have been the push, Blairsville not only is prep a must the track is prep sensitive the right mix can make a huge difference, Blairsville most run 33's prepped down,
Pedator racing is all about momentum Gearing, Roll speed, very smooth on wheel, throttle control is key as far as gearing you will run 2 for sure Avg 3 some places 4 front driver sizes bigger than SR Clone.

Back