05 ultramax

rfree82

I'm wanting to get into kart racing and don't know a lot about frame choices. Someone close to me has a '05 ultramax chassis for sale not sure what model. My question is would this be a good choice for my first kart to get some seat time or is it too old to bother with. I will be running bsp 375 el class on a 1/5 clay oval.

Last edited:
That would be a Blaze Octane. My first kart was an 04, still have it bent and all shes still a runner! Also acquired an 03 Scorch Octane Champ [same kart, just with a cage], completely overhauled it and was very fast at Atlantic City's Indoor events timing 17th/65 wound up leading a heat by a straight away and had a spun out lap car drive down the track into me ending the weekend. Matt [Rusty Pickles] has that champ now and seems quite happy with it on pavement. The flat kart is very user friendly on dirt!

Hope this helps in your decision.

Yes a very good kart to start with. Going to run my 03 in 3 weeks. Let us know how much he wants and we'll let you know if it's a good deal.

Thats a great beginner kart... I've had several and won with all of them... $400 is a steal, snatch that up quick befor he changes his mind. ..

Back