06 XXX set-up

HM #14

I Have a 06 xxx and I am looking for a base set-up. Run a Jr. 3 310lbs 1/5 mile semi banked dirt.
Here is the set-up we started with last year and it never really worked for us.

Nose 45-46
left 55-56
cross 58-60
Lf camber -.5
Rf camber -2.5
Front stagger 1''
rear stagger 1 1/2''
we run burris tires and started with 6psi on right side and 5 on lefts.

We played back and forth for about 3 months staying close to these numbers and really never had a fast kart that handled worth anything.

Flip your stagger 1 1/2 front, 1 rear , +5 lf, more nose 46 min , seat 4'' off eng rail, Were are you runing the wheel spaceings at ,
my xxx rips, not so mutch with burris, your numbers look good , when its right your hands dont move much in the corners , Don

What is your driver's height and weight?

What compound Burris and how is the track? damp with bite, dry slick, etc?

We had a 2005 XXX which ran well on Burris tires.

I Have a 06 xxx and I am looking for a base set-up. Run a Jr. 3 310lbs 1/5 mile semi banked dirt.
Here is the set-up we started with last year and it never really worked for us.

Nose 45-46
left 55-56
cross 58-60
Lf camber -.5
Rf camber -2.5
Front stagger 1''
rear stagger 1 1/2''
we run burris tires and started with 6psi on right side and 5 on lefts.

We played back and forth for about 3 months staying close to these numbers and really never had a fast kart that handled worth anything.

the track you are talking about is a 1/6 mile. you need more left . less air as i remember seeing last year your seat is not in the kart the correct way . oh yah and way to much rear stagger and not enuff front stagger. set caster at 8* left and 12* right lay the seat back about 8 3/4 from the axle to top of the seat and a 1/4 to 1/2 off the steering post. camber at 3* right and left at a 1/4 ..toe 1/8 out on the left . left side around 57.5 to 58.. 46 nose .. and when you go to rt66 just adjust left side to 56. by moving the lead to the right side of the seat and run a left rear that is 5 points harder with 1 1/4 rear stagger

My son is about 95 pounds about 5' 5'' tall burris 33's track is damp most of the night. In july last season we stopped paying attention to scales because 1) tired of paying to have it done and 2) everytime we would correct one problem and then have a different one. Our main problem was getting in to turns and we always had a push coming out. So we shifted weight around and I dumped 15lbs into the left corner of the nose bolted to the body, ran 1' stagger on front and 1 3/8 rear and tire pressure was 7 on right rear, right front 6, left rear 6 and left front 5. Camber on right front still at -2.5 and -.5 on left front with 1/8 inch toe out. As for my seat on a previous post it was 10 inches off the axle and offset to the left of the kart about 4 1/2 inches off the motor mount rail and that's just because that's what the previous guy told me it should be at. Now we never put it back on the scales after that so im not sure what the numbers were but 9 feature wins after that at 2 different tracks. My brother picked up a set of scales so we are going to try to work with the scales again and see what happens.

My son is about 95 pounds about 5' 5'' tall burris 33's track is damp most of the night. In july last season we stopped paying attention to scales because 1) tired of paying to have it done and 2) everytime we would correct one problem and then have a different one. Our main problem was getting in to turns and we always had a push coming out. So we shifted weight around and I dumped 15lbs into the left corner of the nose bolted to the body, ran 1' stagger on front and 1 3/8 rear and tire pressure was 7 on right rear, right front 6, left rear 6 and left front 5. Camber on right front still at -2.5 and -.5 on left front with 1/8 inch toe out. As for my seat on a previous post it was 10 inches off the axle and offset to the left of the kart about 4 1/2 inches off the motor mount rail and that's just because that's what the previous guy told me it should be at. Now we never put it back on the scales after that so im not sure what the numbers were but 9 feature wins after that at 2 different tracks. My brother picked up a set of scales so we are going to try to work with the scales again and see what happens.
The 15lbs you put in the nose more than likely fixed your problem, the XXX doesnt like anything less than 46% nose, it wasnt uncommon for us to run 47%

Back