08 icon super heavy advice needed!

sbevills

My setup numbers are below. My question is in order to get my cross # where it is I am running 1/16 pill in the left rear hole up. Everything I read says run the 1/8 pill hole down. If I do with the front maxed out I can only get 58 cross.

I plan on trying it both ways at our first practice session in March but wanted to see what everyone thought on which way to go and why.

N: 46.5
L: 60.3
C: 63.5
Total weight 475

Thanks in advance for any advice!

If that's all you can get then ride it. It does sound like something is bent but the 475 weight will cost you roughly 2 to 3% of cross (karts tend to loose cross as they get heavier). I'd expect the kart to get lazy into the corners and then push off with the 1/16 slugs hole up. However, try it, maybe it won't.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

I had a problem with it hopping on the rr last season and with these numbers it was pretty good but did have a push off that made it difficult to drive under someone to pass coming off the corner. I was going to give the lower cross setup with 1/8 pills hole down a try and see what it does, just wanted to see what the experts thought about it!

I don't think it's bent, I don't see anything anyway. Anywhere or anything I need to look at particularly?

Unless it's bent badly you won't be able to see it. Same can be said for worn parts: it's more something that has to be measured or rooted out by changing parts rather than by looking.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Is ur left rear wheel an 8.5 wheel?

To be a superheavy driver I'd go lower on cross.. I run superheavy an I run no more then 60 cross an no less then 57 cross..

N: 46.5
L: 60.3
C: 63.5
Total weight 475

Thanks in advance for any advice!
just going by what others say, a lot of people think that the LF and RR should be close to the same, yours are not. Just going by what I've seen, your left side is heavy. Don't know if that helps or not, but you might consider it.

All I have is 8.25s now, I'm in the process of getting a couple 8.5 to try out.

I'm going to put the 1/8 pills in hole down which will put my cross around 58 and see how she does!

just going by what others say, a lot of people think that the LF and RR should be close to the same, yours are not. Just going by what I've seen, your left side is heavy. Don't know if that helps or not, but you might consider it.

i bumped my ls % due to a bad rr hop from apex out last season.

Back