083/095

And what this means for the chassis, I'm unsure. Some say they're harder to dial in with the thicker rails, but I saw Earl from southern comfort saying some thought the .095 was more consistent

So what your saying is that the stiffer frame is one of the reasons we are using more prep in tires to get them softer to get more bite?

We've been on the 095 version and it is one of the most consistent karts we have run.

I think about it this way, the stiffer kart transfers weight more directly to the tires. The softer kart transfers weight less directly to the tires and flexes more in between the 4 corners touching the track. The stiffer kart might take more bite in the tires, but it is transferring weight differently than the softer kart. The softer kart might drive better, feel better on the steering input and the RR feel into the track, but might also take a more specific tire to be outright faster or might take a more specific adjustment to go from driving well and handling well to driving well, handling well, and being faster than the other guys.

6 one way half a dozen the other.

We been on the minecon all year and I have a deuce hate the deuce so was thinking about getting the conversion to the scythe but not sure on 083 or 095

Yeah I don't understand why hate the deuce..like like was the RF block in the back or front, how are your washers set on the front etc cause James at prc said he loves the deuce

The deuce I had
59 left
65.6 cross
45.7 nose
1.5 stagger front and back
.5 and 2.5 camber
38.5 spread across the back
Burris tires only track just under 1/5 mile Indiana worm dirt not clay lol
But anyway I love the minecon I had no issues with it

The deuce I had
59 left
65.6 cross
45.7 nose
1.5 stagger front and back
.5 and 2.5 camber
38.5 spread across the back
Burris tires only track just under 1/5 mile Indiana worm dirt not clay lol
But anyway I love the minecon I had no issues with it

For that type dirt

58% left
64.5 % cross
44.8 % nose
.25 LF pos camber, 2.6 RF neg camber
8 & 12 Caster, RF rear hole
RTW RR 1/4" from inside edge of wheel to hanger, LR 3/4 "
Stagger front 1 1/2 " rear track depended 1/5 mile would be 1"
Tires gotta be right, IF a prepped tire is needed you'll need to wipe tires 3 times as much VS your Minecon

From hearsay only, many dislike the Deuce because they don't understand, or fail to give it, what it needs to be fast. According to what I've read, the Deuce is THEORETICALLY faster. (Actually, is IS REALLY faster -- but has a smaller "sweet spot" for tuning.) This makes sense. The closer you get to perfection, the touchier things get. Me, I like what's fastest. So I'd get a Deuce if I thought I could give it what it needs. And to find out "what it needs,' I'd be calling PRC to find out how it was developed and for what coniditions. If my local track couldn't match that, then perhaps I'd consider something else. "Horses for courses." But the quickest way to lose is to throw free speed away -- friction, design, binding, low hp....whatever it is. For most, it's hard to admit, but the driver is the slowest factor. Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING and be glad we all still get to enjoy this sport we love -- no matter what chassis you're on. :) Gobble Gobble...

Back