083 or 095 Scythe

Trying to decide on buying an 083 or 095 Scythe. Currently on a Recon and absolutely love it. Trying to figure out which kart would be close to the same as a Recon.

Yeah honestly if you love your kart already, buying a new one could be a mixed bag. It can't really get much faster than a recon..if it works with your program stay on it. The minecon is the softer version of a recon, and since stiffer chassis apparently have higher potential for speed then the recon should be plenty good enough

I also suggest staying with your Recon if you love it. You might want to take a few bucks and replace spindles, cassettes, bearings, and other consumables. If you're dead set on a Scythe, the tube size will depend on the class you race and the type of track grip you usually race on.

Newer karts like the Recon have that bearing ring.. it will wear and begin to have slop left to right… It needs to be replaced at that point..

Take that recon and put new spindles/kingpins in it. I also recommend a axle even if you haven't been in any wrecks! Like stated above if the axle has "play" left to right its time to put bearing rings in!

I have found they get tight as well .
Surface finish or forigen material. Something .
Not allowing the bearing too swivel .
At least with hand pressure .

Back