09 element rear axle mounting question

spincycle

ive always had the cassettes bolted to the middle holes on the brackets, and the kart was always really fast so ive never changed it, out of curiousity, how does mounting them in the other two holes affect the kart handling and/or set up?

spin

ive always had the cassettes bolted to the middle holes on the brackets, and the kart was always really fast so ive never changed it, out of curiousity, how does mounting them in the other two holes affect the kart handling and/or set up?

spin

I guess it all depends on the track you are running on. We change the setting on the 2010 and 11 for the indoor races,to make it go through the corners better. But are always in the middle holes for outdoor racing.

spin

I run mine with the RR moved back on a tight turned 10th mile to help it turn. Just look at it like this, with the left side having the more narrow track width its going to want to turn left more easier. It will also change the percentage numbers as far as setup goes.

if i try moving the RR to the back holes and/or moving the LR to the front holes, it seems to want to put the axle in something of a bind, doesnt want to spin freely. i am wondering if the extra holes are to accomodate wheelbase rules similar to how the casette mounting brackets were built on the phaze-x?

spin

I dont think so Spin. They had Just changed the wheel base when the 2012 were getting ready to come out. and you are right,It does not spin as freely as if you had the axle in the same mounting holes. It puts a bit of a bind on the chain and it does not line up as good as if they were in the same hole,but it will go through the corner better than if it was in line. We have ran it both ways and it works. Spin give me a call and I will try to help Kory 402/432/9557

Back