09 icon help!!!

racingfamily

My son has an 09 Icon. He says it is pushing real bad coming out of the turns, it is fine going into the turns. Cross weight 61, front 45, left is 52. He drives in the jr1 purple plate class. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My son has an 09 Icon. He says it is pushing real bad coming out of the turns, it is fine going into the turns. Cross weight 61, front 45, left is 52. He drives in the jr1 purple plate class. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm not icon guy but 45 nose sounds low to me, then I'd be looking at front cambers and rear Stagger, unless your tires are just to hard.
What are your camber settings and what size track and your rear stagger.

Camber is left is 1% right is 2.5% stagger is 1 1/2 across the front and 1 inch on the rear. Rear wheel distance is 34 inches inside left to outside right. Track is 5/8 of a mile.

Camber is left is 1% right is 2.5% stagger is 1 1/2 across the front and 1 inch on the rear. Rear wheel distance is 34 inches inside left to outside right. Track is 5/8 of a mile.

5/8th mile ? that's one huge kart track, is he entering the turn correctly ? meaning not driving in to low and to straight one things for sure if you don't enter right you don't exit right.
Measure Rear Track Width From outside of tire patch to outside of tire patch that should be around 39" to 39.25 " or RR inside wheel close to cassette and left rear inside wheel 3/4" off cassette.

My son races 2 Icons and they were purchased from another Jr driver. We left everything the same but it was not working. We added pills in the rear of the kart and cross is set at 56%. RR is close to chassis - align rim with head bolts. LR is 1 in off frame. You can also place your weight on right side of seat. I've found driving styles will change how the kart responds as well.

My son races 2 Icons and they were purchased from another Jr driver. We left everything the same but it was not working. We added pills in the rear of the kart and cross is set at 56%. RR is close to chassis - align rim with head bolts. LR is 1 in off frame. You can also place your weight on right side of seat. I've found driving styles will change how the kart responds as well.

What does this mean ?

Interpretation is right. The bolts that hold cassette - I'm visual so when you mount your RR tire and as you see the wheel and head of bolt line up, that will put you about 1/8 off chassis. To me it's easier than measuring.

Before we go any further I need to confirm 5/8 mile track length???? At that size with any rear stagger at all and your cambers, the kart shouldn't require the tires to be turned at all.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

I'd change several things on the setup. I'd up the nose to 47%, I'd leave the left, I'd up the cross to 58 or 62. I'd put the LF camber to +3/8, the RF to -3. I'd put the RR 3/16 off the frame and the LR 3/4 off the frame.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Back