09 phantom question

cjackson1123

Is a 09 phantom es 2 any good I am looking to upgrade and don't wanna buy somethjng that isnt a good kart. I also don't want a kart that is really tire sensitive or picky.

If your wanting a kart in that year range and want a phantom, I would look for an Icon rather than the Phenom es2. Chances are you can find a newer chassis for around the same amount of money though, especially if it doesn't have to be a phantom. If your just starting out and want something user friendly and not tire sensitive, consider buying a new Ultramax Badmax, they used to be around $1200-1500 brand new from UMAX and you can still buy them today if you ask for one. They are one of the most user friendly chassis ever made and are fast just about anywhere you go. If it has to be a phantom I would look for an icon though, definitely avoid the Seraph because they are not user friendly at all.

I had a friend who owned one and hated it because the tires had to be just right or it would not get out of its own way, he was constantly on and off the scales trying to get speed out of that kart until he finally sold it and bought an Icon. After getting the Icon he was consistently in the top 3 just about every weekend with it. Same engine, same tires, same gearing, just different chassis....that tells me it was the Phenom that was keeping him in the back. Other people have had good luck with them and been fast though so it can go either way I suppose.

Why not find something newer than 09 if your wanting to upgrade? You can find 2012 and newer chassis on here and facebook classifieds for around $1000 for just the chassis, sometimes less than that. I just picked up a 14 Impulse for $1300 that looked like it was new and only had a few races on it. Before that I had a 2011 impulse that I gave $1000 for last year, and a 2012 Shatter chassis that I had traded a few sets of tires for. You can buy a new Shatter chassis from Fast Action Karting for $2000, fully adjustable front end, split rear cassettes, braided brake lines, all the goodies that you see on most of the big name chassis like Prc or Millenium.

Back