1/10 Dirt Oval Gear Setup

I would like to thank everyone who has helped. i will begin making changes and hope to have my son in the front soon! Thank you everyone!
20200905_134559.jpg

Attachments

• 20200905_134559.jpg
    20200905_134559.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 10
You can move weight around when you have weight, move seat if needed and even motor, 56% left, 46 % nose, 58 % cross, 2.5 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber.
Put it on some scales last night. Added 5lb to the nose and this is his current numbers

46% nose
53% rear
63% cross

What is the left ? And cambers ?
I would not go over 60 % on the cross
Not sure it was about 2am this morning and I didn't look at the numbers myself just what the guy told me. Im going to work on it some more next week. I made small adjustments here and there and got him looking alot better on the track

Not sure it was about 2am this morning and I didn't look at the numbers myself just what the guy told me. Im going to work on it some more next week. I made small adjustments here and there and got him looking alot better on the track
Still way to loose in the turns especially on entry, confirm left and cambers, how much rear stagger ? How far is the RR & LR from inside edge of wheels off the frame ? How much air pressures ?

I see nothing wrong wit running a 13 tooth driver. I think you should start out with the same, or nearly the same, gear ratio. I would only change the axle gear's one tooth at a time. Your first post had you changing way too many teeth. Big ratio jump!

I see nothing wrong wit running a 13 tooth driver. I think you should start out with the same, or nearly the same, gear ratio. I would only change the axle gear's one tooth at a time. Your first post had you changing way too many teeth. Big ratio jump!
The wrong in running a 13 tooth driver on a track that size is WASTED track time, he had to change that many teeth because he was turning way to many RPM and was gear bound, once your gear bound changing only 1 tooth at a time will not cut it, once he gets the kart handling he'll be making even more gearing adjustments.

I've got to get some new rear hubs the allen heads are stripped out from the previous owner. When I get them I'm going to put it on the scales again.

After changing the gears to a 15 driver and 64 rear he is still cranking about 5200rpm

Back