1/10 mile clay track, box stock, flat head, purple plate, gear ratio question?

Let me give you some good advise to make things easier on you, until you get him driving his line and understanding momentum put a 67 on the rear with that 12 ( which is still not correct ) and leave gearing alone, Focus on him only pointing things out and preach momentum, momentum, momentum, and tires of course, walk him to the fence while older kids or Sr are racing that are front runners and have it figured out and point out what there doing right, reason being that will end up quickest method to making progress your looking for. I have set down with many little ones drawing the track in the dirt with 2 match box cars showing the line where they should be, and showing where there at and showing them when another kart has position on them and then what to do, bottom line show as much details with the match box cars as you can it really seems to help them with understanding it quicker than just telling them.

Good Luck !!
Right on, Very good points. I like the matchbox idea as well. I also messaged the flag man to take him out on the track before the next race and show him the best way to get around the track, and where he was coming down on the others. I think it will help coming from him as well. It sure was a lot less stressful when he started, and didnt know exactly what to do. They would zip right by him. Now hes getting faster, and making passes, but when the fast guys get to him, its harder for them to get by, and hes still not sure how to handle them. Thanks for the advice, im going to leave the gears, and work on line and momentum.

Lol! I’ll have to take a picture the track folding table we use has a track on it in sharpie marker used just for that. It works! The kids like that way of explanation.

Back