1/2" Thick exhaust flanges?

1fasttiller

Hi gents,

Anyone know of a decent source for a nice 1/2" thick flange? I'm looking at building some custom pipes and need the good, thick flanges at a decent price. I can find the 1/8 and 1/4 thick but need the good ones.

Thanks!

I'd be worried about 1/2" being too much of a heat sink... 1/4" won't get it done? Full size cars use that... What's the advantage of a 1/2"?

All high end weenie pipes (big pipes too now) are using the 1/2" flange so you can better blend the transition from the large "D" port to the small ID pipe. It allows much better flow.

Sundog- thats too much work!

get ahold of any machine shop with a water jet or laser and drop em off a sheet of 1/2” and an exhaust gasket. Setup and programs fees aren’t that nuts... atleast not in my neck of the woods anyhow.

get ahold of any machine shop with a water jet or laser and drop em off a sheet of 1/2” and an exhaust gasket. Setup and programs fees aren’t that nuts... atleast not in my neck of the woods anyhow.
I wish I had that option around here. Since moving to north central FL I haven’t found a good local shop with water jet capability like I had in northern VA.

I wish I had that option around here. Since moving to north central FL I haven’t found a good local shop with water jet capability like I had in northern VA.
It's a simple job with a CNC. Send me a pic of the exhaust flange, with measurements, and I'll show you what to do. I have Surfcam, and I love to play with it.

Thanks Al, but if I had a CNC or plasma table it would already be done and I wouldn't be in here askin... ;)
Making a part is only half the problem,, With a CNC, programming it is the other half, along with drawing it. I have some ideas that you might like. I've already drawn some samples, but I'm pretty sure the measurements are nowhere near accurate. It's not going to cost you anything and I'm going to have some fun! I also think there willl be some performance advantages to my ideas. Don't know for sure, just an idea.

Making a part is only half the problem,, With a CNC, programming it is the other half, along with drawing it. I have some ideas that you might like. I've already drawn some samples, but I'm pretty sure the measurements are nowhere near accurate. It's not going to cost you anything and I'm going to have some fun! I also think there willl be some performance advantages to my ideas. Don't know for sure, just an idea.
I'm always open for suggestions Al! Feel free to email me at Racin4ds@yahoo.com

I'll gladly take a peek at what you have. Unfortunately I don't have specifics on the flange at the moment. I'll do some google work to see if any one else has it out there.

Back