1/8 tri oval

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
With the whole world on dirt,
Would you race a cement tri-oval?
180 leg,180 leg, 160 leg (straights) almost triangular. 25feet wide all points.
slight banking going into each of the 180 legs, flat going into the 160 corner.
The track would be about 680 feet around the outer edge.

not sure how to give you corner angles, but you mathematicians i'm sure will figure it out.

for those who have been around, do you think there is enough room to race and not be a one line track??
Again,.. every inch of the track is the same distance across, (25) so there is little run off.. i don't think you could flat foot any corner of the track and be able to stay on..
This is a road course, we are looking at connecting a segment to make an oval.

your .02 please

With the whole world on dirt,
Would you race a cement tri-oval?
180 leg,180 leg, 160 leg (straights) almost triangular. 25feet wide all points.
slight banking going into each of the 180 legs, flat going into the 160 corner.
The track would be about 680 feet around the outer edge.

not sure how to give you corner angles, but you mathematicians i'm sure will figure it out.

for those who have been around, do you think there is enough room to race and not be a one line track??
Again,.. every inch of the track is the same distance across, (25) so there is little run off.. i don't think you could flat foot any corner of the track and be able to stay on..
This is a road course, we are looking at connecting a segment to make an oval.

your .02 please

No not enough room to race, a Tri-oval would need to be a 1/5th mile.

Seems to me only having 3 corners will make them sharper than oval corners, which rules out a fast outside lane in the corners, without some pretty fancy outer groove banking tricks.

Back when I was racing bikes ('70s), during the winter we ran an indoor race in Minneapolis around the out side of a basketball court with up to 500cc bikes.
That was only about 450 feet measured 18" out from the inner edge of the track.
Was a blast !
A real bull ring. Handle bars in peoples ribs, tires rubbing your leg.

20 years later (the '90s), we had an indoor kart race at the old Spurs arena that was slightly smaller, as they had pulled up the wood. It was about 350 foot.
No engine rules, things like Atomik 100cc engines with twin gears, probably a few 135s. I ran a Mac 101.
Same thing, was wild fun to run.

Be prepared to run more stager, and super low gearing.

DSC03707a.jpg

Back