100 MPH 'SA PRO-Clone'....(?)

looking at it from that perspective, you are correct. handling and aero are two fine arts that i'm still working on! i am on a big track and aero does come into play....a lot! so i'm working on ways to increase my speed by shaping the air around the kart....specially the engine which is hanging out like a sore thumb....i'm drawing and looking at better heat shields/clutch guards and ways to funnel the air to keep the clutch cooler...haven't gotten it all worked out yet, but i will! or at least i hope...

be that as it may, i think screamer can top 100 if everything comes together right...i know that motors can produce the power to reach the mark (that part is easy squeezy!), but getting the air to move around and keeping it stable on the track is going to be trick!

but I have to ask sCREamnClones...is this for a particular class? a rwyb? or an exercise in just how far you can push the envelope? for a class, your bound by certain terms that you can and can't do....even a rwyb is going to be defined by the class as a whole on what can be done....whereas, pushing the envelope....i'd design a total body cover that you slide under to get into the seat (sort of like a cockpit)....

but then again, my meds aren't kicking in and i might be seeing pink and purple elephants again!! :eek:

.........but I have to ask sCREamnClones...is this for a particular class? a rwyb? or an exercise in just how far you can push the envelope? for a class, your bound by certain terms that you can and can't do....even a rwyb is going to be defined by the class as a whole on what can be done....whereas, pushing the envelope....i'd design a total body cover that you slide under to get into the seat (sort of like a cockpit)....

No class for this set-up Mike, so I guess it's a 'rwyb'. I don't believe anybody (out here) has gone-here yet, and I guess I could say we're pushing the envelope(?) Since my driver left for the Military last January, I havn't found anything I 'liked' doing. So I started re-calling things i've wanted too do in the past but never had the means or time too do them....now I do! If something comes out of this, that's great. Part of my goal in doing this is too help draw attention in promoting the introduction to 'SA Pro-Clone' here in the West. Several people are 'watching' but, California politicians are tare taking all their money for 'welfare'...:( I'm not too concerned about the aero-effects this time out and I expect it to be abit tough on me, but....if I 'start-and-finish' under power, that's the main goal. Actually....this thing is coming along Very Well and....thats a little scary!!

yeah, I can see where everything is going too smooth and something is bound to happen...giving you a bad case of the heebie-jeebies......but then again, we all got the same disease....my wife calls it the "too big a cajones, not enough turtle wax on the windshield" syndrome....meaning we all's dumber than a bag of hammers because we want to go faster and don't see the pothole in the road!!

yeah, I can see where everything is going too smooth and something is bound to happen...giving you a bad case of the heebie-jeebies......but then again, we all got the same disease....my wife calls it the "too big a cajones, not enough turtle wax on the windshield" syndrome....meaning we all's dumber than a bag of hammers because we want to go faster and don't see the pothole in the road!!

I hear that Mike...I think it's 'all-the-above', or....i've aquired some patience after all these years (finally)! I've gotta hook-up the Micron's in the morning and abt a hours worth of check this, check that and then light the engines off too check all the systems/connections. If she's ready my 11-12:00 2morrow, i'll head to the sprint track and check out each motor for parity first...then (4-the rush) i'll light them 'both' off and see if it will burn rubber, as the motors are geared as solo's at this point. (Crunch Time)

Testing the 'sCREamn-Demon 392' on the 'sprint' track today was "flawless" and exceeded expectations! We had some issues gathering #'s off the Micron's, but (sometimes) seeing and hearing tells you more. It's amazing how the motors (engines) augment each other!! Now it's time too tune-up the motor(s) for our '100mph assault' in 2 weeks.

i think that he wants a special picture of you....or he wants a picture of that spec we will see if you light them both off and stomp on the gas....that little spec is you (about ten miles down the road), screamin as you break into warp drive!! But he's got a point....i'd love to pics a spec too!!

Just remember at 100 MPH bad things happen extremely fast AND violently.

Your only real protection is a low center of gravity and at 100 + it is NOT much of a safety margin

Please use all due caution.

(;-) TP

By itself 100 is nothin'! Don't make a big deal out of it.
Solid stationary objects, and their proximity to the racing surface are what you need to worry about. I'd rather take my chances at 100+ at some road courses with good run off than at some smaller tracks where you're hitting 50-60-70 with walls and barriers close to the racing surface at bad angles.

Just remember at 100 MPH bad things happen extremely fast AND violently.

Your only real protection is a low center of gravity and at 100 + it is NOT much of a safety margin

Please use all due caution.

(;-) TP

Thx for your 'advisory' and concern 'V'!

Back