100 MPH 'SA PRO-Clone'....(?)

yeah!! what "V" said!! hate to hear that you and some bridge are now part of the norcal scenery!! lol!! take care of yourself when your on it and remember that the pedal is the one that stops ya!! :eek:

Screamin, this project have front brakes?
That's one thing I'm really happy about, my supersonic-V has front brakes and while I balance adjust them mostly out, when you stomp on the pedal hard they do help a lot. We run together with the Junior 2-cycle karts because we are about the same speed, and I had one spin in front of me. I would have gone right thru him had it not been for the extra stopping power.

I know the thread is about screamers twins....but I've often thought about swapping the front spindles on my kart for front brake spindles and adjusting them for a oval....just seems to me that you would gain a lot of control with the fronts brakes adjusted right to counter the typical spins that happen when you stomp on the brakes the way they are...

I think that screamers should hire one of them test dummies....not sayin he's a dummy, but they get paid to crash things!! lol!!

Screamin, this project have front brakes?
That's one thing I'm really happy about, my supersonic-V has front brakes and while I balance adjust them mostly out, when you stomp on the pedal hard they do help a lot. We run together with the Junior 2-cycle karts because we are about the same speed, and I had one spin in front of me. I would have gone right thru him had it not been for the extra stopping power.
No (not yet) but it does hv a 'Good' ven-5 ceramic disc on the rear and seemed too work pretty well on the sprint track. I'm not overly concerned about as i'm not figuring too 'race' anyone on this trip.

I know the thread is about screamers twins....but I've often thought about swapping the front spindles on my kart for front brake spindles and adjusting them for a oval....just seems to me that you would gain a lot of control with the fronts brakes adjusted right to counter the typical spins that happen when you stomp on the brakes the way they are...

I think that screamers should hire one of them test dummies....not sayin he's a dummy, but they get paid to crash things!! lol!!

Call me anything u-like....except "Crash"! :)

nah won't do that.....then you'd be sCREamnCrashnClones....too long a name....sCREamer sounds better!! :) unless your screaming as you push the brake pedal to the floor at 100.9 mph and it suddenly comes to you that you wanted to bleed them because they felt mushy!!

nah won't do that.....then you'd be sCREamnCrashnClones....too long a name....sCREamer sounds better!! :) unless your screaming as you push the brake pedal to the floor at 100.9 mph and it suddenly comes to you that you wanted to bleed them because they felt mushy!!
Mikey....chk ur P/M....thx

Hal
Great job on your twin setup. It looked fast just running with one engine. When you fired up the other engine it looked almost like a shifter running around. You guys pulled that Leopard 4 or 5 kart lengths each lap. Let me know when you are going out again.
Robb

We have (1) week from today and the countdown is on for finishing the 'sCREam'n-Demon 392'. So far, so good, But....as they/we (always) say..."The last 10% takes 90% of the time!" A-men!!

Hey "Screamn" Let me know if I can help...If you dyno the test motor , get a leaf blower and aim it at the carb filter cause 100mph air is what you will be dealing with. I learned plenty about AKRA and Daytona from Vmax and FLkart1...Thanks guys...A Heavy flywheel may hold some advantages..

Hey Guy's....Thanks for ALL the input, help and encouragement!!! We had a GREAT time and drew alot of attention. The '100mph' goal is still standing, but things were impressive too say the least! We/I was placed in a field of 9-10 WF class racers that started 15sec's ahead of myself, a 125 Leopard and (2) 125 'shifters' (4 rookies). When 'our' green dropped, I blasted away frm 'my' guys never too be seen again (well...til later) and started breezing by the WF's in the 2nd lap and took the lead in lap 3 on the 2.52ml course. I took only (5) laps in practice and realize the Kart was 'good-2-go' and (I gota admit) the 'driver' was look'n 4a x-plant in the ballroom!! I then had abt an hr too clear my thoughts and I was ready (an anxious) to get goin. Trust me when I tell you that there is 'little' too compare with the sound (and sight for those watching) of those motors off each of my shoulders and the 'balance' of the kart. Unfortunitely, the right side motor tossed in the 'white-towel' at (23)min's of the 30min race and when I disassembled the engine this morning....the 'picture' isn't pretty. We are yet trying too determine what happened, but...it does appear the 'only' things lost are the 'stock' crank and the 'Billet' rod....(ouch)! Gonna re-group a tad but need 2have this puppy up-n-running for the 'sprint' track by the time my 'driver/grandson' comes home on 'Military Leave' at xmas time!!

If you are attempting 100 mph on a straight track, you might want to put on some harder tires, so if you spin, they won't stick and make you tip!

Back