100 MPH 'SA PRO-Clone'....(?)

If you are attempting 100 mph on a straight track, you might want to put on some harder tires, so if you spin, they won't stick and make you tip!

No, this is on Sonoma 2.5ml Road circuit. I am/was running 6" MG (greens) of which are a hard compound and work(ed) very well set @ 53" wide being the narrowest I can get the kart. 'Aero' was Not a big problem....Yet! I had (2) thoughts/concerns while driving...(1) being the rgt-rear tire under G-forces coming down the 'carousel' @75mph, and (2) being the 'chinese' bolts in the steering hub (I used when mtg the Micron's) when making the rgt turn @ Turn 5!

Quote Originally Posted by PD Power View Post
When the kart hits the 100mph mark, look around as you will see pigs flying along.

"ANYTHING"....is possible!
.......It sure is because the most important part of this attempt is the solid vision and belief of its creator. Speaking of pigs flying.... I remember reading a story in school about two young brothers in N.C that everyone thought was crazy for even thinking flying was attainable....hmmmmmmmmm-----time for a Southwest BLT. :cool:

high speed and low drag...that's the key! the only thing that i can see that i wouldn't like is the headers....my wife says that racing fried my brain and you got two headers up there near enough that it would probably happen!! :eek:

You are using two motors? What does that prove? How many folks are running two motors? :)
Well D-Dawg....I 'guess' it proves several things...#1; we still have 'some' freedom of choice....#2; some of us old-'dawgs' like too visit old-traditions....#3: I still had a motor running to get back home, and last but not least....#4; (3) comes after... (2)! Oh....and #5; I hate following the crowd!! Have a nice 'Holiday Season'.

i got you back jack! preach to them young puppies screamer!!! :) you can NEVER have enough....be it gator bait or horsepower!! and besides....have you EVER heard of a racer that is content to have "jsut enough"? lol!!!

that aint bad for only 7grand!!! must have been a monster on the short end???

It was actually pretty strong all the way thru! What it really needs (I think) is more 'gear' and more 'air' too the pumps....these carbs are only '625's'. Besides...I'm not a 'driver' and....What do I know(?) :)

Well....my 'Driver' is home for xmas (ARMY) and is itching for a 'ride'. So...it's been a busy month get'n things ready! I have the 'Demon 392' back together after I 'hurt' the right motor 'pretty-bad' at Sonoma. and I have the Predator 'Mod' ready too go as well. All of them 'made-noise' yesterday and made me smile...:)! In that things are rarily 'good enough' in my 'drivers' eye's....(2) rides weren't/arn't good-enough either, so...he/we started put'n the Yami on the Maddox last night!! Sud be pull'n out abt 8:30 tomorrow morning for a day w/friends at Prairie City. I hope everybody had a Great Christmas....tomorrow will be mine! I really enjoy watching 'this guy' mak'n my **** look good!! I am turly 'blessed' w/ a very talented Son and Grandson!

I am sure with the right body and gear you could get close to 100 mph on an open clone on methanol at Daytona.

Back