100 MPH 'SA PRO-Clone'....(?)

sCREamnClones

Today (Nov 8, 2013), 'sCREam'n Clones' announced it's intentions too break the '100 MPH' barrier on a 'Clone' (based) Go Kart for the purpose of promoting the "Stock-Appearing Pro-Clone" racing category thru-out the country. Our 'first' attempt is too take place on Sonoma Raceways Big-track on Nov. 30, 2013 with power being supplied via (2) 'sCREam'n Clones' version "S/A Pro-Clone" powerplants. Sponsor's (and challenger's) are welcomed!

off my math you would have to see 8500rpm with a 19/53 gear... and who knows how long a strait... but I don't have hp added into that... that's assuming around 18-20hp

what kind of rpm you seeing??? what kind of gearing you planning???
I don't 'expect' too see 8000 on the big track, (maybe coming down the 'bowl' if we run it) but if we do, thats a huge plus! Gear wise...we're goin w/ 2.4 thru 2.8 @ 400lbs. Mominum up the hill to turn 2 will be a key concern!

A GOOD stock clone in a sit up enduro(36" wide and the driver hiding in the kart) can bump 82-3 mph, A good animal bumps 94-95 and a Limited Animal or limited clone bumps 102-3mph.

The wider the kart the slower it goes and the taller the driver sits the slower you go.

(;-) TP

A GOOD stock clone in a sit up enduro(36" wide and the driver hiding in the kart) can bump 82-3 mph, A good animal bumps 94-95 and a Limited Animal or limited clone bumps 102-3mph.

The wider the kart the slower it goes and the taller the driver sits the slower you go.

Good input V....We'll be push'n some air, no doubt about it! Maybe I can find somebody too draft off of!! :)

sCREamnClones said:
Good input V....We'll be push'n some air, no doubt about it! Maybe I can find somebody too draft off of!!

Here's a nice drafting partner...supposed to of done close to 170 mph at Daytona.

31f9926f-cbf6-4787-9b08-f7e1e7337aa4.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah should be totally doable. Gonna be all about the aero! Lay down and get your head under the steering wheel!

This endeavor is place taking place on a 2009 GP Sprint chassis and i'm 6'3's tall, so there ain't gonna be no place too hide. 'Maybe' I can put the steering wheel on the back of my helmet though!! :)

This endeavor is place taking place on a 2009 GP Sprint chassis and i'm 6'3's tall, so there ain't gonna be no place too hide. 'Maybe' I can put the steering wheel on the back of my helmet though!! :)

That makes it a bit harder haha. Can you get one of those 4cycle type noses on there? Get the top of your seat as low and as far back as you can. Some orgs have rules on how far you can with a sprinter so watch out for that, otherwise layyyyy dowwwn. A so-called hagar fairing might be worth a shot too.
http://www.hegar4.com/zc150/index.p...id=271&zenid=d6c32a61edc789acac1e6f8914ca9b28

Radialfin is right, your going to need to be configured somewhat like below. Jerry Jr. has a couple of 4 cycle noses laying around, he'd probably let you use one for your project.

0402134_6zEnduro_Kart_And_Sprint_KartRight_Side_View1.jpg

WE see the mediums (CLONES) at 62 mph averaged on mylaps on alot of dirt tracks around here.Dirt oval tracks about a 1/4 mile in the groove

Thanks for the input and the offers guy's. The first time out (Nov 30) will be considered exploritory and fact finding. When I was younger (like 50yrs younger), I was running a pair of Parilla's on a Hornet and clocked 110mph on CHP radar at Willow Springs in a sit-up sprint. But, for some reason, I think this might be a-bit more challenging for me. So far, so good and hope too check the kart out this week end. :)

Sounds like you understand the importance of aero. IIRC situp CIK 80cc shifters just break the 100mark making around 28BHP at that track.

Back