**$1000 reward** stolen scales @ thunder

Most people dont pay attention to others going into someone elses pits or traailers at races because from what i have seen, most racers are open to helping anyone that needs it or will let other peopke use their stuff, especially scales and tools at races. The only people i could see actually paying attention to someone going into another persons trailer or pits is if that trailer or pit belongs to a friend of the person who noticed. I know at the races iv been to, you see alot of racers sharing their scales and stuff with other racers and allowing others access to their trailer, and just about everyone leaves their trailer and pit open when they go to the track to race, leaving them vulnerable to theives who can walk in at any time and take whatever they want.

I also like the idea of the camera's or at least a game camera in the trailer or watching over your pit area while you are on the track or watching races, that is a really good idea. There is no better proof than picture or video of someone in the act taking your stuff. I do also believe it would be hard for anyone to just walk into another persons trailer and take scales without being noticed by at least one other person, but at the same time i can see how if someone did see the person take them, they probably thought that person had asked and had permission to borrow or use the scales.

Cowboy would have loaned someone the scales if needed, didnt have to steal them from the man. Ive never heard him tell anyone "no" when they ask to use or borrow something, this is a shame.

yeah...trained to detect and deter and all that!! but, that doesn't mean that i like what others do to good people. i've never abused the law or taken the law into my own hands....not that I haven't thought about it! before i retired i maintained a 97 percent conviction rate and that was purty good seeing that i concentrated on drug investigations. theft is something else to try and prove.

thinking this way is a matter of understanding the mentality of a cop that has seen one too many good people hurt, stolen from or abused. yeah, my way of thinking isn't the norm for any police officer. but that don't mean we didn't think about practicing P.A.R.T (Physical Apprehension and Restraint Techniques) on some scumbag!! Watch the movie or read the book "The Chior Boys" by Joseph Wambaugh....gives you a whole new insight into police officers...

be that as it may....i know that good people are out there and we race with them all the time....but!! when we have to put camera's in our trailers, lock up all our stuff or tell someone that they can't borrow a tool....then we have a problem. Both racers and the track should take active measures to help us all prevent things like this.

I'm still looking around the middle georgia area for anyone selling scales or macron tach's....and this forum will be the first to know if i come across them, who has them and where the cops can go to arrest them for theft!!

It would be very sad if we would need cameras or security at every track. I might quit racing before having to act like that. As some of you said I help and let people borrow things, even let them drive for me, give them parts... whatever, but stealing is so SAD.

that's a terrible truth we all live and deal with....that some can be so nice and loan stuff and give anyone a chance and yet be taken advantage of....

i'll take a junkie over a thief any day fo the week....the only one they hurt is themselves...a thief hurts everyone....

that's a terrible truth we all live and deal with....that some can be so nice and loan stuff and give anyone a chance and yet be taken advantage of....

i'll take a junkie over a thief any day fo the week....the only one they hurt is themselves...a thief hurts everyone....

Your forgetting most junkies are thieve's to support there habit.

Back