100cc @ Ashway Speedway

Atomik

1631814985067.png

Sounds great and not too far from me. LI don't think I can make it to this one but let me know anytime you run 100cc again and I will bring some more drivers with me.

We started a little test group this year and have received a lot of inquiries. We will be running the class in Ashway’s points series next season.

How was the race? How many entries, what engines? Let me know next time you are racing the class, I'll bring more drivers with me.

How was the race? How many entries, what engines? Let me know next time you are racing the class, I'll bring more drivers with me.
I saw on FB that this race was postponed until Nov 6. Per race monitor they had 2 show up but only 1 turned laps in the feature

The money race has been postponed until November 6th. The 2 guys they were there last week just decided to take advantage of a practice night and to break in a brand new motor. We apologize for any inconvenience. We had a few cases of Covid break out and we didn’t want those guys to miss out on the opportunity. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hopefully seeing everyone on November 6th.

November 6? Interesting.
I might try to make it. Just keep me updated. How long is the track, what kind of clay?

How long is the track, what kind of clay?
The racing groove is about 1000'. Long straightaways with mild banking in turns. The track is very hard and abrasive during the summer months. Ashway is a Burris 33 track for flat karts. I'm not sure if they have a tire rule for this class. If the weather leading up to and including race day is relatively dry I'd want to be on a tire punching 54+ on a clone. Not sure what kind of tires a 2 stroke would like.

The racing groove is about 1000'. Long straightaways with mild banking in turns. The track is very hard and abrasive during the summer months. Ashway is a Burris 33 track for flat karts. I'm not sure if they have a tire rule for this class. If the weather leading up to and including race day is relatively dry I'd want to be on a tire punching 54+ on a clone. Not sure what kind of tires a 2 stroke would like.
Thanks. I would like to know if there is a tire rule. I do not have any Burris but I am sure I can make my other tires work if it is open tire.

Great. Keep me updated on next race, please. By the way we have 2 classes in SC at Hanging Rock November 13. One class will be the Fredjackson Memorial for air cooled 2 stroke engines up to 150 cc and another class for just 100cc. check the Carolina Unlimited Allstars Facebook page for more info or contact Matt Greene.

Any clue on track length and gear ratio?
Gate and practice times?
The racing groove is about 1000'. Clone's will be around a 4.00 gear ratio.
The gates will likely be announced the week of the race. It's usually 2 or 3PM with practice 90 minutes after the gate. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the time up to noon get an earlier start.

Sounds great. Might be there if they finally run the 100cc class and I finish mounting a new body on time.

Back