100cc open-Jack Burroughs

Jack, I also have one of the Ital Sistem "MV31" rotaries made into a full open (113cc?). Very impressive dyno numbers compared to that of a Sudam, and I'm a light driver to boot. Sorry I don't race near you, but these motors are out there.

I've been kart racing since 1980 and UAS classes for the last 10 and I've only ever seen 2 Itals. in all that time, funny how they both are owned by a good friend and run as duals on his kart, wicked fast, but you need to be a lot more meticulous than with a Sudam. I'm not saying the Itals aren't better, just if they are so good, where are they?

I've seen pictures, read lots of hype, but all I can say is, I still have only seen 2 of them ever at many UAS races and they are on a dual mount, very fast when they ran, but they been sitting for the last 3-4 yrs.

What ever happened to some of these guys.i used to get on here all the time and read stuff from them..but thats back when i was buying each and every sudam and other 100cc motor i could get on a good deal.lol man bout 2008-2016 was the days.going racing 2-3 nites a weekend had tracks to choose from now its a mess to even try to find 2 other karts to run with.between bobs crash,big block small blocks,the dirt bike motors and the coronavirus its all going to hail and it aint going to come back.
2-strokes for life✊

If any of you guys have interest, we run a 100cc class in the points series at Ashway Speedway in Knoxville TN. $500 payout each race. Not opposed to opens or larger cc if we can come to an agreement on weight. Thanks guys. YING YING
I wish i was closer id love to run a class like that or even a kt100 class.karting is struggling in my area

If any of you guys have interest, we run a 100cc class in the points series at Ashway Speedway in Knoxville TN. $500 payout each race. Not opposed to opens or larger cc if we can come to an agreement on weight. Thanks guys. YING YING
Great place to race indeed.

I agree 100%
Well that depends on track and setup. Obviously they do make more hp, but at Ashway Speedway Mack is running the fastest rotary air cooled 100cc you can find, the front rotary version, and he is not always the fastest. The difference in power is about 3 hp with a side rotary (I do own one), and a few more with the latest front rotary version. On a short sprint asphalt track and using the original direct drive configuration and pipe the rotaries are obviously faster, turning at much higher rpms, and even better when they used to run under the Super A rules that allowed bigger slide carbs compared to the Formula A 24mm butterfly carbs as run also on Inter A.

Last edited:
Back