107mph Electric Kart

That would be the ultimate goal. 👍 Really wish we could get the batteries to fit in the same place as the gas tank. Perfect location but the pack is too large at this point. Battery technology continues to improve so they should get lighter and cheaper if history is any indication. One advantage of electric inspire of the high initial price is that you should have no motor rebuilds… ever. No oil or gas costs and no carburetor costs … ever. 👍
People seem to already be there. This rips around my local track almost daily. Seems to be running KA100 speeds at about 30-40 laps at a time. Scales at 175 before driver. Looks a lot simpler. I just hope Matt gets the final motor mount design done so he can start selling them. Seems to have a cool new battery shape in the works too.

Attachments

• F3C2F873-56FB-4091-AB28-889B1F7484E0.jpeg
    F3C2F873-56FB-4091-AB28-889B1F7484E0.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 30
Just did lithium upgrade on my Prius. Those are lifpo4 rather than lithium ion though. Any reason you feel ion is better than lp4 for racing application?
Great question. Have only used Lithium Ion for racing applications due to the higher energy density. The trade off is safety however. LifePo4 (Lithium iron phosphate) is much safer … almost as safe as lead acid batteries. However, the higher energy density of Lithium ion allows for a smaller battery pack all other things being equal. 👍

People seem to already be there. This rips around my local track almost daily. Seems to be running KA100 speeds at about 30-40 laps at a time. Scales at 175 before driver. Looks a lot simpler. I just hope Matt gets the final motor mount design done so he can start selling them. Seems to have a cool new battery shape in the works too.
That is awesome. It’s cool to hear that so many others are working on similar projects 👍. Awesome looking kart.

Find a way to generate power from rear axle like on a magneto or whatever it's called so it can keep battery charged as you run.

Find a way to generate power from rear axle like on a magneto or whatever it's called so it can keep battery charged as you run.
I honestly know nothing about how to mount a small generating device around an exle but if you can you would be golden . Anything is possible

Just did lithium upgrade on my Prius. Those are lifpo4 rather than lithium ion though. Any reason you feel ion is better than lp4 for racing application?
Really sorry for the slow response. I just saw your message. Are use lithium ion due to the higher energy density. Of course that comes with higher risk of thermal runaway.

Back