11’s verses 33’s

My track is Burris only, my question is everyone is running 11’s, if I have a set of 33’s and get them down to about 35 on duro will they do just as good as the 11’s?

Question: Do those 11s smell like mothballs? (indicative of goat)

If the fast guys are running 11s, there's probably a reason why.
If it's a big momentum track or high bank, you might be alright on 33s prepped down, but for smaller tracks, the 11s are probably the ticket to use.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Question: Do those 11s smell like mothballs? (indicative of goat)

If the fast guys are running 11s, there's probably a reason why.
If it's a big momentum track or high bank, you might be alright on 33s prepped down, but for smaller tracks, the 11s are probably the ticket to use.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
moth balls?!?!!???! not everyone is that old. LOL

Not sure why Moth balls are an "old" thing. You can still buy them at almost any pharmacy or general store or in big or small towns. Very distinctive smell, once you've been victim to that scent, you'll never forget it. Surfacing tires, especially Burris that have been used heavily with goat gives off a smell of Moth balls.

My local track is mostly 11s and some people swear by 33s…. I’m lazy, buy a new 11 peel the sticker? PRW and go…. I don’t have the time or money to be killing a set of 33s…. Even when the track is hard and fast for bigger shows or in the dead of summer one of those older cured 40s 11 comes in handy…. Most of mine are around 32/35 but I have a few 40 and 45 sets for when needed…. Again being lazy, letting them get old and come to me instead of new 33s with a ton of time and prep…. Definitely plays into my hand only karting a few times a year anymore due to big car racing 👍👍

Back