11 year old son is interested...where do I start?

coolhandluke99

Hello All. We are located in Charlotte NC - Near Matthews and have no idea where to start. Where would a track be that is close to us to watch a race? How do you get started? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Welcome to Bob's, Keith, best thing to do is find your local tracks and go watch, and talk to people there . See what classes they offer for you and your son. I'm sure there will be will be someone else with local track info. I think Liberty Raceway Park is about an hour and a half away from you. Looks like a great track.

After finding a track, get a used kart, cheap engine, good tires, all safety gears for the kid, turn him loose for a few months see if he likes it before you start spending ..........good luck bro...."if he likes and making progress spend big or get out".............\
if you in to it i have a 2007 Ultramax Inferno with a flat head race ready and spares, also one man electric kart stand......can pm me i live in Conway SC....i'am over 60 did not race this year, ..............Lake Singh

Determine what type of racing you want to do first. Oval racing left turns only or Sprint racing on asphalt tracks with left and right hand turns.. or road racing on big long asphalt car tracks. Then look for a kart. DON'T just buy a kart because the price is right. Need to make sure it is ready or not to go on the track. How much comes with kart when you buy it. h
Has it ever been bent, who raced it. LOTS OF QUESTIONS need to be asked.

Welcome to Bobs, if you are interested in dirt track oval racing there is woodleaf raceway that is not very far from where you are also patriot speedway, woodleaf runs on Friday nights and patriot speedway runs on Saturday nights and if you are interested in buying a Kart or any equipment I can get you in touch with a local Kart supplier who is very honest and helpful he usually has used karts and everything you would need to get started for very reasonable pricing and his knowledge of karting to get you started just pm Me on Bobs and I will get you his information

Back