125cc Blows by 250cc on the backchute....

Brian Wilhelm discussed the crude but effective means of areo testing on their kart last year on racefan radio. Without a lot of detail, it included a minivan with a plywood platform on the roof, a clear interstate, and a fish scale attached to the front of the kart, and a very willing test dummy aboard the kart. (Result) 2 back-back Daytona wins.

That 250 kinda ate his lunch till the little 125 got rolling. Good thing our dirt tracks aren't that big lol. I'm betting the ride was a little more hair raising than the nice tranquil sound track. Love the ride thanks.

Pretty cool, but that's a FE 250. You guys are really comparing apples to oranges. But it does demonstrate the relevance of aero. At 120mph its just as much aero importance as what it is Hp. If the FE 250 was set up like the laydown, the FE would of checked out. I would of liked to have seen the two come in to the braking zone together.

Drag increases by a power of 4 as speed doubles.....so after a certain point, extra hp doesn't matter much at all -- it's all about decreasing frontal area and minimizing drag. I wonder if there's a minimum chassis width spec.... I'm pretty skinny....hmmmm

Drag increases by a power of 4 as speed doubles.....so after a certain point, extra hp doesn't matter much at all -- it's all about decreasing frontal area and minimizing drag. I wonder if there's a minimum chassis width spec.... I'm pretty skinny....hmmmm
The skinniest enduro body made is 36".

Back