14.5 c.i. Class animal or honda?

LOL Kenny, I wasn't ragging on the animals, just saying we've outrun a few with the clone in the videos and it is fast enough run with some open big blocks, billet animals, CR450Fs and Jawas that don't have a handle on the track and setup, Flash06 and Micheal were doing the gear and tires at the Shiloh race and Micheal weighed in @405 in a 375 class and I told em to go up a 1/2# on the tires and add 2 teeth of gear, but ya'll know Mitch is stubborn lol, the little motor was only 7700, Mitch was turning 8400, that clone won't run with my latest builds which are doing around 33hp @ 8800 (I ain't dynoed em, just my guess judging by how much we're beating dynoed motors) and stand up around 5800 which keeps us in the power band were we carry lots of corner speed since it weighs slightly less than a stocker clone, if you balance the ARC stroker crank using 52% resip weight you can turn it 8800 with great reliability. My current builds will tech 14.3ci, i like to leave a little on the table and we've outrun several M15 "animal" builds with Raptor cranks 17+ci sneaked in @ Nashville. Pop Hall, Pop Vaughn and Dale Earnhardt Sr. always told me "Give me 2.5mph corner speed and I'll give you 5mph strait speed and I'll still beat you", nuff said, it's in the way that you use it. LOL I need a driver that can git up on the wheel , knows how to adjust the tilly and can make 295# kart n driver weight for UAS.

The rules they have in our small block open class the weight is 390# for all engine types. Sort of helps me. I come across the scales at 420#. Put a driver who weighted 310# in my kart once. WOW!

If I had a bunch of Animal stuff laying around, I'd build one using what I do with the clones and it's be fast as well, but I don't, if somebody has a gen 5 block and junked head laying around for a few bucks, i'd be interested maybe, Flash06 just got one with the intake and exhaust sides reversed and it's supposed to be fast, he's putting it on one my 15 Exceeds, we'll see.

We got a new track that just opened, super close to me and I'm talking to the owner to make an open mod 14.5 small block class with a 360# (others do 375#) any 6.5 hp ohv small block has to fit on standard mount bolt pattern without cutting or drilling (honda yamaha clones predators animals no billets), come with 3/4" crank, no welding (block repair only), epoxy or added support on factory block or head visible outside, billet side covers allowed, any carb with venturi of 22.7mm or .895" or less, fuel open up to M5, no nitro, it's about a 1/10 mi. oval. gonna be fun, it's a 4.85 gear track for opens. any thoughts?

Sorry Sledge had already ordered everything for the Honda stroker build. If I run into any problems I'll certainly give you a call. I generally save my money all winter and build a new and different type motor combo every year. Also helps I just sold a couple of Animal strokers to guys running the class this year. Thanks again for the offer!

Go gx200 Honda, shorter stroke and bigger bore.
2.125" stock crank with a 2.913" bore
Better design head over the Briggs, and would easily fit 32/28 valves. But you need a really good head, I'm talking tunnel port with at least 120cfm@.500". That means to also run close to .500" lift and a large 30-32mm carb.

I built this combo for a guy who was running in a similar class, with a modified HR181 tillotson. I would guess it to make 30hp way up at around 9500 RPM. It's a screamer. The money is in the head, an fthe rest is regular with minor upgrades.

Went with the stroked Honda and it sounds great. Races have been rained out the last 4 or 5 weeks. Should have bought the Ark!

Back