14cc head

bolted that little trinket on. installed stock valves, .010 head gasket. 1.1 rockers. stock push rods. arc springs, valve stem seals intake and exhaust. cl-1 cam. man that brought that thing to life. did cc mine, came up 25.5cc. diff head gasket and would cc. that is by far the best bang for the buck.

How deep in the hole was the piston?

bolted that little trinket on. installed stock valves, .010 head gasket. 1.1 rockers. stock push rods. arc springs, valve stem seals intake and exhaust. cl-1 cam. man that brought that thing to life. did cc mine, came up 25.5cc. diff head gasket and would cc. that is by far the best bang for the buck.

Yup yup yup and now happy happy happy

Grant it I don't run akra rules but jmo they should toss the cc rule out the window.
You have to mill the heads anyway just to get to the cc rule right? so if a motor has a 14cc head
and piston is in the hole and you don't touch it why would it not pass ?
just asking.My Lifans GK 65 ALL come with 14 cc heads and Lewis Stought
also has them
deleted post due to wrong thinking process.

Last edited:
"Just a heads up you can purchase 14cc heads off ebay for $19 shipped to your door. "honda 5.5 head" off provenpart. "

Just looked and couldnt find this. Gotta link?

I went to ebay and bought one of these as soon as I saw this post. I really don't think it's 14cc. Looks the same as my stock clone combustion chambers. Oh well...$20 bucks shipped is still an OK deal

I have a question on the 14cc head though. I had a 160 out in the garage so after reading this about the 14cc head I discover the one I have is a 14cc but the intake and exhaust ports are smaller than stock on the 196. Will it be ok to bolt on and go or do I have to do some porting to get it to work?

Gx160 from Honda came in many varieties the first one was actually 5.3hp small ports, dished piston etc. 14cc head, then Gx160 5.5hp 14cc larger ports, GX160K1, large chambers 18cc, and 22cc, flat top and dished pistons. The head you have is early and ports are small not any advantage to using it over an 18cc head.

Gx160 from Honda came in many varieties the first one was actually 5.3hp small ports, dished piston etc. 14cc head, then Gx160 5.5hp 14cc larger ports, GX160K1, large chambers 18cc, and 22cc, flat top and dished pistons. The head you have is early and ports are small not any advantage to using it over an 18cc head.

Is there a way to tell what Head I have for sure? also what comes stock on a HF clone? And if its a 18cc will it be a advantage over the stock head

If its a 18 yes it would be better then the 22 that comes on 99% of the clones.
but you also can mill your 22 head and make it better.just putting in a
flat top piston will also help.

Do they flow any better then stock I run BP so cc's is not the issue that it is in bsp. I have a 5.5 that I got from work I could use if it would flow better

Just pulled down another gx 160 tonight, this one had a 18cc head but had a flat top
found this one at a flea market 15.00 lol.still had the fuel tank on it and carb
and muffler.

well in the rule book it states its legal to do what mill or whatever to meet cc rule so if it takes it down to 14cc in my opinion is legal and im sure there are many people using these heads. and if its alil short like 25.5 you can double up the head gasket as well if im not mistaken its non tech on the gaskets but then again I don't have the book in front of me so take it with a grain of salt haha

well in the rule book it states its legal to do what mill or whatever to meet cc rule so if it takes it down to 14cc in my opinion is legal and im sure there are many people using these heads. and if its alil short like 25.5 you can double up the head gasket as well if im not mistaken its non tech on the gaskets but then again I don't have the book in front of me so take it with a grain of salt haha

My thinking is in the same lines you can mill a stock head to get the right cc per the rules so is there a real reason to run a 14 other then compression ?

If you have a 14 ,18cc head use it...first... You won't have to pay the money to get the 22cc milled.
BP your on meth....more compression would not hurt.
Make sure the 14cc flows good though.

Grant it I don't run akra rules but jmo they should toss the cc rule out the window.
You have to mill the heads anyway just to get to the cc rule right? so if a motor has a 14cc head
and piston is in the hole and you don't touch it why would it not pass ?
just asking.My Lifans GK 65 ALL come with 14 cc heads and Lewis Stought
also has them

The gk-65 and gks-65 Lifan engines comes with the 14cc head and you can get it to 26.5cc's. Some of the first lifan harbor freight engines were 14cc heads.
Lewis

Back