14cc head

dirt guy

am considering putting on a 14cc head from arc. does anyone know if this will pass the stock clone class tech? it takes all stock parts. it also has all the stock casting numbers. any info would be helpful.

will NOT pass for stock if a cc check is done or if the head is pulled. a 14cc head makes the engine actually sound different, "higher compression". Just a heads up you can purchase 14cc heads off ebay for $19 shipped to your door. "honda 5.5 head" off provenpart.

What head gasket and how far in the hole? Visual inspection done internally?

.010 head gasket not sure how far from the hole I couldn't see down in there an didn't have a flashlight on hand to check, as far as the visual inspection was actually taking the head off to look at the piston. they looked at the combustion chamber on the head an didn't say anything. I also double checked with them asked if it was good and passed and they said yes.

I would have to say the cc check was done incorrectly, a 14cc head .010 gasket generally should not pass. The 14cc head was never a stock item on a clone 196cc so it appears the person(s) doing the visual check did not know what to look for.

"Just a heads up you can purchase 14cc heads off ebay for $19 shipped to your door. "honda 5.5 head" off provenpart. "

Just looked and couldnt find this. Gotta link?

I would have to say the cc check was done incorrectly, a 14cc head .010 gasket generally should not pass. The 14cc head was never a stock item on a clone 196cc so it appears the person(s) doing the visual check did not know what to look for.
Could be ive never had the cc test done before that point so im not sure how the cc test is supposed to be done

With that said if the 14cc head is illegal what would be the best head you can put on a clone, I build and sell my engines so id like to know if there anything i can do whether buying a different head or doing anything to the stock head?

I could see it passing as long you put enough head gasket there to make up for the lost ccs...

Wrong!!! There are no engines coming over from china that are AKRA legal with a 14cc head. A tech man with any knowledge of appearance will catch it.

The 14cc head was manufactured for the early GX160 when Honda started to attempt to meet emission rules and the GX160K1 became available the 14cc head was never seen again from them. The clone manufacturers started copying the GX160 when the 14cc head was available, it did not ever appear on the GX200 Honda and when they copied it, they did not use it. The racers and builders discovered it out there and guess what, it became what many thought a stock part.

The 14cc head was manufactured for the early GX160 when Honda started to attempt to meet emission rules and the GX160K1 became available the 14cc head was never seen again from them. The clone manufacturers started copying the GX160 when the 14cc head was available, it did not ever appear on the GX200 Honda and when they copied it, they did not use it. The racers and builders discovered it out there and guess what, it became what many thought a stock part.

So your saying if it comes on a stock engine that is a 196 cc it not a known stock part ?

Wrong!!! There are no engines coming over from china that are AKRA legal with a 14cc head. A tech man with any knowledge of appearance will catch it.

Grant it I don't run akra rules but jmo they should toss the cc rule out the window.
You have to mill the heads anyway just to get to the cc rule right? so if a motor has a 14cc head
and piston is in the hole and you don't touch it why would it not pass ?
just asking.My Lifans GK 65 ALL come with 14 cc heads and Lewis Stought
also has them

bolted that little trinket on. installed stock valves, .010 head gasket. 1.1 rockers. stock push rods. arc springs, valve stem seals intake and exhaust. cl-1 cam. man that brought that thing to life. did cc mine, came up 25.5cc. diff head gasket and would cc. that is by far the best bang for the buck.

Back