18 Slack Xpect Vs Ultra & PRC & questions

CETRacing

New here after a long time away from racing but looking to purchase an 18 Slack Xpect chassis. Have a few questions as in how do these chassis stand up against the PRC & Ultra's. Also I will be purchasing the bare chassis, in general how much am I looking at in cost to get race ready minus engine & tires/wheels. I will be in an adult class 6'0 185 weight racing on dirt oval in WV. I'm sorry if my questions are a bit generalized, but look forward to getting to know everyone and making great friends!

Thanks!

Being away from racing a good while your going to go through some learning curve struggles regardless which chassis, the slack in the right hands will run with or out run any chassis out there, today's game is tires spend more time on them then chassis, but ya buy a slack with confidence.

thanks for your response! With all that being said, I will be buying this chassis bare.. are there any people that you would know in WV that scale out carts or nearby WV? Also should I go with ceramic bearings instead of the regular style. There is quite a big price difference I found out yesterday... Finally was looking on youtube for helpful installation videos for these carts, does anyone ever post these? If not my friend owns a production company and would be looking to video all the step by step processes of building from a bare chassis.. figured this could be helpful if nobody is doing this already.

I would stick with the steel bearings and replace them each year or every 25 races. Do you know where you are planning to race?

Stick with the standard bearings, our ceramics are sitting on the shelve.
Why a bare chassis with the deal they are offering right now ? Will cost you more to piece it together.

Haha actually was told the exact same thing you just told me, wrote slack and found out there is a dealer in my town, so should be good to go for next year! Thanks for your response!

I would stick with the steel bearings and replace them each year or every 25 races. Do you know where you are planning to race?

We are going to run hopefully in weston, a more wv, then try to get out to Ohio. I have family in Marietta. So anywhere close to that area. Any ideas on tracks to go to?

MK Speedway in Annmore would be your closest. Not really anything too close to Marietta. Since you said there’s a dealer in your town i would work with them because they’re local and could help you get started off well.

Back