196cc Carb jet removal

1badflytier

I have a new coleman CT200U trail bike that has never been started with a 196cc clone, i have done all upgrades for a governor delete except for a carb jet upgrade. I removed the bowl and saw that the jet has a security jet in it, i call it this because it reminds me of the screws that they put on a security door on a house or a restroom door hinge, it's designed for a tool to screw it in but you can't unscrew it, there's no straight slot just a cut side to the right side of the jet to install but a counter clockwise ramp for the screwdriver to slip off and the center of the jet looks like a cone bit drilled it, no idle screw adjustment either. Maybe i should buy a new carb just don't want the same carb back. My elevation is between 6 and 7,000 feet, i have a 34,35 and 36 jet to try out just can't use on this carb. Help please!!!

Last edited:
If the motor is stock, the stock jet will be fine. You really don't need to change it unless your looking for max power and have changed cams, timing etc. i.e. racing.

You can get security bits at Harbour freight Tractor Supply maybe home depot Amazon etc.
Can't get it with a pliers or vice grip or easy out?
Dremel a slot in it .
Most carbs you buy off advertiser's on Bob's 4 cycle will be removable jet and adjustable.

If the motor is stock, the stock jet will be fine. You really don't need to change it unless your looking for max power and have changed cams, timing etc. i.e. racing.
Yes cam has been changed and timing, the kit i have comes with a jet to install, I just order two new carbs which allows you to change jets as needed and a idle screw adjustment...much better way to go, the cold mornings here in Montana needs a little more fuel after it warms late in the day it needs leaned out some,7,000' elevation..thank you!!!

You can get security bits at Harbour freight Tractor Supply maybe home depot Amazon etc.
Can't get it with a pliers or vice grip or easy out?
Dremel a slot in it .
Most carbs you buy off advertiser's on Bob's 4 cycle will be removable jet and adjustable.
No the jet is way down the carb in about a 1/4" hole and the jet top is drilled with a cone bit they made it this way so nobody can mess with it, no idle screw either. I ordered two new carbs that has idle screw adjustments and your able to change the jet with a straight slot screwdriver. just like the old days :) thank you !!!!

Back