2 cycle exhaust

Komet99

Can some one PM me? I am looking for pipe info and would like to keep it in PM as there may be secrets shared.

Kinda wondering if a motor could be built to a pipe, instead of the other way around. L-4 motor, then a KBDO motor, then a TSOW motor, then a CRE-7 motor...

Interesting idea .
A pipe is easily adjusted to change engine characteristics now .
Changing port timing to fit the pipe seems overly complicated .
Specific situations there may be a benifit .

I would like more info on how to modify these pipes. This past weekend i had a dude outrun me by 4 seconds a lap with a "modified" L4. I had a Buller KBDO. Im not new to the cone shapes, nor fabrication skills.

Gotcha - not sure what the CIK classes are for lap times. Who won ? One of the Browns ?
Yep. To throw more info out, I borrowed one of his pipes and ran it Sunday morning. It slowed 6 seconds so I put KBDO back on. How can his motor run faster with a modified L4 and my motor run slower with the same pipe?

Port heights, carb trigger, etc etc ? Plus they have hundreds of laps around that place. They are top notch drivers for sure.

I have run with them multiple times several years ago. They know me quite well.

The carb trigger is a whole nother subject. Id like to know more about how it works.

I would assume same as a slippypipe triger .
Setup to adjust carb lean to rich for pulling out of the turn .

^^^^^^^^^ Most if not all set the trigger up to lean the hi side on a long straight. The kt100s tend to go rich in that instance, can also be used on other parts of the track mostly used with great success in enduro racing. Tony really only able to adjust from one point to close. In other words you can't richen with the trigger pretty much just lean. It will go back to rich when you release the trigger. That's probably as clear as mud later Chuck

Back in time during the years I raced in Europe those sprint races were mostly won by playing with the needles during the race even more than through driving skills. The good drivers were able to drive and play with the needles at different areas of the track. I couldn't.

Chris you should be the one explaining the trigger lol. Ps my main computer just got hacked big time ah &%$#%&%$&$ &F. Chuck.

Yep. To throw more info out, I borrowed one of his pipes and ran it Sunday morning. It slowed 6 seconds so I put KBDO back on. How can his motor run faster with a modified L4 and my motor run slower with the same pipe?
did the clutch slip change and which way did it go and also where did the peak RPM change to higher or lower will tell you which way the pipe is going. not a lot to change in the engine when their are specs to follow.

Back