2 cycle unlimited /rwyb

The trx and cr Hondas have a 72mm stroke so a 68mm piston would give them 255cc and that's legal. Any bigger is not. Copied n pasted. 2stroke

Just pasting info I got coming in. Lol. I did a displacement calculator and 67mm would make it a 253cc so that's as big as you can run for

cr250 are 2 stroke dirt bike engines. the trx250r was the old faithful 2stroke quads that everyone went crazy with on the racing scene. made from 86 to 89. The rules say max 255cc on the 2strokes. A 67.5 bore with stock stroke comes to 257.65 so has to be under a 1.5 over for sure. Don't know the exacts for 255 but hope this helps ya.
Note that the 85-91 cr 250 and trx (unsure of yr)cylinders should interchange. The trx had a different transmission and gear ratios than the cr250 bike motors.

Note that the 85-91 cr 250 and trx (unsure of yr)cylinders should interchange. The trx had a different transmission and gear ratios than the cr250 bike motors.

If you want a interesting Note to add to that I have a 2001 YZ 250 here. the top end including the base gasket will drop right on a 92-01 CR 250 same exact transfer design bolt pattern bore and stroke.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

I do not believe the ATC/TRX cylinder has a different bolt pattern than the CR so you will need to reposition the studs to interchange.

For the trax 250r curtis sparks did a yz250 piston the skirt would not cover the exhuast port on the compression stroke made a bear power engine but short life piston.
1985 1986 atc and trax 25or had the same cylinders and rod. In 1987 thru 1989 the trax has a 2 mm longer rod and a bridged exhaust and intake In canada they made trax 250r until 1990 not sure about the atc. ESR you can google had some cool parts that worked for the trax engines and knows the cr250 cylinders that will change to the stock trax cases .I run a trax engine with a 85.5 bore on a stock honda crank crossed over from a 400 polaris 413 cc with a motoplate ing from an old open iame engine for drag racing atv.I would suggest the 86 trax case the gears are stonger stock ing is smooth but the motoplate is no limit a little like pvl , the 38 air striker carb seems the best the 39 doesn't flow as well in my mind also the prox style cylinders have a little better cooling but it has been a few years and I can not recall all the details. Myself I have a Rice outlaw rear engine 440 sled engine with smc disk clutch . A round tube SAE with kt100 to play and rear engine round tube that only ten were made by someone near Sommerst Ky with a k-88 open that is a blast to ride . My thought rwyb means bring as much as you can but the best bang for the buck is the sled engines lots of parts out there and cheap and I love the smc clutch. my 2 cents Kenny

This is kinda it for the Uas thread for now so I'll post up were working on the Uas and Yamaha class at Daytona for this Dec. We'll keep you posted we may have a sponsor for the Uas and it'll be a 1/4 point event as we'll given every thing comes together. Don't forget the world 100 at jasper the 9th of Nov. And thanksgiving thunder. Bobs will get back to some kind of normal soon but there's lots of racing yet to come. Keeps those karts set on kill.

If you want a interesting Note to add to that I have a 2001 YZ 250 here. the top end including the base gasket will drop right on a 92-01 CR 250 same exact transfer design bolt pattern bore and stroke.

Yeah that is kool. I know of some Pa micro engine builders that were interchanging them.

I want to thank Mark Bergfelt, Chris Seay, Kieth Shampine and WKA and especially Brian Cherry and WC equipment and sales for their support and sponsorship of the Daytona UAS event for the beginning of the 2014 UAS National Championship. Brian has put up 2500.00 as the event sponsor. Chris Seay and Seay Performance has put up 100.00 pole award. The UAS race will Happen on Dec the 29th this is a Sunday. The Yamaha Class will happen on Sat the 28th. Again Thank you all I can't think of a better way to start a new season off than racing at it's fastest at Daytona International Speedway for the World Dirt Championship.

BTW the pay out will be spread over the top (10) 1000.00 to win. More sponsor and contingency money and awards will be announced.

Back