2 disc Goldilocks clutch

Define "a little faster"? For that matter, what's your definition of "engage"?

My interpretation of "a little faster" is "sooner". "Engage" I read as when the rotating surface contacts the stationary surface and imparts rotation to the stationary surface.

As a young man first learning to drive a vehicle with a clutch, a common instruction from all persons involved in my instruction was, "release the clutch slowly until the clutch engages and the vehicle begins to move".

My interpretation of "a little faster" is "sooner". "Engage" I read as when the rotating surface contacts the stationary surface and imparts rotation to the stationary surface.

As a young man first learning to drive a vehicle with a clutch, a common instruction from all persons involved in my instruction was, "release the clutch slowly until the clutch engages and the vehicle begins to move".
your interpretation is pretty much the same as mine, but I wanted to know what the original posters interpretation was.

"release the clutch slowly until the clutch engages and the vehicle begins to move".

I'm sorry, I don't know what that means.

Just trying to get it to engage at a lower engine speed, right now I have to stand on the gas to get it to engage. Trying to get it down around 3800 on stock clone and my little mind had me going the wrong way. It was up around 4300. Clutch was starting to get hot at the end of a run like it was slipping. Thanks for the advice all. I suspected it was toast or I was doing something wrong on adjustment.

I purchased a goldilocks two disc from Mr. Dover and mounted today. At engine idle(1800-1900rpm) it was engaging. Is this a common setting for these clutches out of the box? Also, would anyone have a recommended engage rpm setting? My class is clone big pipe medium and I weight 350 lbs in the kart. Thanks for any advice!

That's lower than normal.. Presently we ship them as shipped to us.. In the instructions it tells you how to break in and during breakin you dial the setting in..
On your application I suggest 3600 on the class of clone.. JD

Thank you Mr. Dover. My clutch did not come with any break in paperwork. Do you have any information on that?

Back