20 PRC Scythe to Winged Boxstock?

My son races a Scythe Flat Kart.
For several reasons I want to move him to winged box stock karts
1. Wing Kart Track is much closer
2. Safer
3. They run a no prep Hoosier, coming from cars, I’m not a fan of the tire prep game.

I know they use the MineCon for the Winged Kart, but I already have a Great Kart. I live in NC and will be racing at Millbridge and Mountain Creek.
True purpose built wing kart is hard to find and when they are for sale they are pricey.

Why not convert my Scythe? Any reason?

Yo bud you might want to sit back and really think this one out. That's my neck of the woods and your son will be running with excellent company. Not trying to talk you out of it but your son will be running against NASCAR money. Plenty of NASCAR kids run both tracks unlimited funds and tons of technical features, good luck later Chuck.

Last edited:
Yo bud you might want to sit back and really think this one out. That's my neck of the woods and your son will be running with excellent company. Not trying to talk you out of it but your son will be running against NASCAR money. Plenty of NASCAR kids run both tracks unlimited funds and tons of technical features, good luck later Chuck.
I’m aware who races there. Busch, Boyer, Larso’s kid, as well as Junior’s nephew and likely a bunch of crew members kids.
But they run a spec tire with a spec motor, the rest is setup. I guess they can test more then my kid, but an 8 year old is only going to do so many laps.
I have a few friends who’s kids race there, their money only gets them so far. I seen their carbon fiber this and that, but I got 30lbs of lead to make red plate, Lol!

I’m currently driving 90 to 120 mins to Outback, Warrior, Liberty Etc. Both those wing tracks are an hour or less. Then, I come from cars, as soon as he’s old enough we’re going back to cars. I do not like this tire prep crap. We’ve been beat twice because I either chose the wrong tire, or we didn’t have the inventory other did. Soon as we go back to cars, learning the tire game is worthless.
How the Karting community allowed themselves to get to the point where you need 10 or more sets of tires prepped weekly is beyond me. I really working on these karts, hate the tire game already.

I’m am curious if I missed something though? Thanks for looking out.

If your capabilities cover that . I would .
The down side , if it doesn't work you gotta cut it off .
you dont weld the cage on, its on springs inside of a receiver. Bolt on/bolt off. I converted a minecon with the Toigo cage and we wore them qrc's out locally.

I talked to Phantom, literally nothing translates to the Scythe. Plus as they mentioned the MineCon has more natural bite therefore it works better in the No Prep divisions.

None of the stuff that make for the MineCon will directly bolt on the scythe. Tubing size and mounting points are different. More importantly, the scythe will fight for bite on an unprepared tire.
I gotcha, well never know how it will work if you dont try it. Or sell it and get the minecon. I was pleased with our minecon just got it close to what was in the manual for %'s, it was tough to get enough front weight. I know the toigo company makes receivers for the bigger tubing chassis's, i thought pretty well all the nerf's and front end/axles were the same in the last 5-10yrs from PRC?

My son races a Scythe Flat Kart.
For several reasons I want to move him to winged box stock karts
1. Wing Kart Track is much closer
2. Safer
3. They run a no prep Hoosier, coming from cars, I’m not a fan of the tire prep game.

I know they use the MineCon for the Winged Kart, but I already have a Great Kart. I live in NC and will be racing at Millbridge and Mountain Creek.
True purpose built wing kart is hard to find and when they are for sale they are pricey.

Why not convert my Scythe? Any reason?
Again, not trying to talk you out of changing as Chuck said, but have you looked into switching flat kart classes with him and running LO206 at Mountain Creek? They are also on the no prep Hoosier program for the LO206 flat kart classes. Fully understand your safety concerns and dislike for prep. I'm with ya on the prep dislike.

Again, not trying to talk you out of changing as Chuck said, but have you looked into switching flat kart classes with him and running LO206 at Mountain Creek? They are also on the no prep Hoosier program for the LO206 flat kart classes. Fully understand your safety concerns and dislike for prep. I'm with ya on the prep dislike.

I have looked into that. I work shift work and only have off two weekends a month. They don't always line up with their schedule since they dint race weekly.

So I'd have to buy a motor and tires and could barely use.

I would have went that direction of Millbridge was running flat karts still, but they stopped.

Have you reached out to Tiago Racing in Iowa for a conversion kit? They can make the recievers to fit the tubing your working with.

Back