2004 phanton phenom pushes

007Racing

My kart enters good but then starts to push in the middle of turns. Because of that I have to correct it buy stomping on the brake but then I lose a lot of ground. Please help

Attachments

• 11926.jpeg
    11926.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 20220828_195519.jpg
    20220828_195519.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 20220828_195457.jpg
    20220828_195457.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 146
Need a lot of details to answer, which track ?
Size ? Sweeping turns or sharper ?
Current staggers ? Current set up numbers including cambers, and casters, ?
Which class and weight ?

Champion and Action park East. The tracks are roughly 1/10. Sweeeping turns at Action and sharper turns at Champion. "At least one turn at champion is really sharp.I'm very new to this. Unsure what the tire stagger is and also not sure about current set up numbers or caster and camber. My class has to weigh 370

Yesterday I went to a track I haven't raced at in a few years. The times I went there I always had a problem pushing out of turn 2, which invites the problem. Very common there. Last night I had a chance to watch quite a few races and yeah most had the same problems. The guys who didn't were all getting back on the throttle later on corner exit. Simple as that. And those few who throttled later were all faster than those pushing towards the fence. Wish I had spent more time watching earlier.

Champion and Action park East. The tracks are roughly 1/10. Sweeeping turns at Action and sharper turns at Champion. "At least one turn at champion is really sharp.I'm very new to this. Unsure what the tire stagger is and also not sure about current set up numbers or caster and camber. My class has to weigh 370
Wow I'm surprised you don't have more issues, first confirm the stagger in the rear tires, simply measure around the outside of the tires and see how much bigger the right rear is than the left rear.

That bumper thing means a lot. If 'fixed' means its tight it's probably still wrong. I was in a race doing well and all of a sudden I wasn't. Felt like my RR tire went flat. One lap later I see my rear bumper laying in the track. I guess thats why they are double nutted, to adjust the tension.

To start your caster is set wrong.
Right front, remove the caster L block and move the PIN under it to the rear hole. Use an allen wrench to remove the pin, I don't recall the size offhand. Then set the caster counting the lines starting from the seat. First line is 2 last line is 14. Set it at the 6th line which is 12.
Left front, starting from the seat again, first line is 0 last line is 12. set it at on the fourth line which is 8.

Both tracks are no bank and low bite, Action is worse with all the kitty litter on it.
Set your camber 0 LF, -2 RF.
Set your rear tread width at 39.25"
Stagger should be 1.5" front and rear, Vegas are the best tire for both tracks.

PM me for more info & I'll give you our exact numbers for our Phenoms. We run the XBP also, its a riot and a nice break when were not running clones.

Keith

Yes definitely don't be afraid of rear stagger. It's a fail safe if nothing else is getting your kart to turn. On bigger track it can hurt speed but I tend to run more rather than less

When we first started karting in 09 people were telling me to run 11/2 in front and 3/4 to 7/8 in rear lol push push push they knew that such little stagger would not help us at all and they all lied about gear and everything else if it were me i wouldn't ask anyone anything most likely the answers wont help you. Just try different gears and pressure and all other set up numbers

Lol my son had led all 20 laps one night and a man we knew well had ask me what gear we ran and i told him the truth and he replied (That's entirely to much gear) But we just won leading all 20 laps lol. Moral to the story is you might be faster on a particular gear and someone else may not be you just have to find the sweet spot in your kart and motor they're all different

Back