2005 XXX Infinity setup help

I don't think one can try just whatever off the wall changes and it work, one needs someone understanding of what has a negative effect then what needs added to offset that effect and in the end could be faster, like Mike's example above without the extended 3 " RR hub that most likely ends up a negative, he's doing that for a reason.

Last edited:
I don't think one can try just whatever off the wall changes and it work, one needs someone understanding of what has a negative effect then what needs added to offset that effect and in the end could be faster, like Mike's example above without the extended 3 " RR hub that most likely ends up a negative, he's doing that for a reason.
the xxx and just about all the infiniti karts came with a double clamping RR hub that was that long

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly my point to not be afraid to try things. When you look at setups provided by the chassis manufacturer those numbers are what works 80% of the time in 80% of the US on 80% of the tracks. Having said that, start with the baseline setup and work from there. I've seen some very odd numbers, numbers that I would have never guessed would even work at all. My point is, those baseline numbers are not set in stone. Don't be afraid to step outside of the box. Find a handling that is neither slow or fast. Then play with caster, camber and front track width to find speed.

RP and XXX, you two are correct, some of the things that I have done were done for very specific reasons. I've had nose weights from 42% to 49% and leftside from 52% to 59%, and cross from 48% to 76%. This was in one chassis! What ended up being the fastest setup was not even close to the baseline. The KartCalc software that Pat Dotson and I developed like Al's software threw up so many negatives that it was not funny. I remember Pat took an Ultramax kart, cut the cross bar out and placed a new one in it in a different location and ran 50% nose in it on 57 left and 65% cross ( those numbers were not even heard of at that time). That blew my mind.

Anyway, great conversation.

Msquared

Back