2008 seat mounting

bullerman

Stock adult 365 lb weight. How high should I try and mount the seat. With the slider mount that comes with the laser you can't mount the seat low. The bottom if the seat is a little above the top of the frame. Will that make much difference. I had the seat leaned back s the top of the seat was 10 inches above the top of the axle. I raised it to 11 1/2. It killed my neck. Mainly wondering about the bottom. I could change seat slides and get if lower if I have to. Suggestions.

Stock adult 365 lb weight. How high should I try and mount the seat. With the slider mount that comes with the laser you can't mount the seat low. The bottom if the seat is a little above the top of the frame. Will that make much difference. I had the seat leaned back s the top of the seat was 10 inches above the top of the axle. I raised it to 11 1/2. It killed my neck. Mainly wondering about the bottom. I could change seat slides and get if lower if I have to. Suggestions.
Where your at now is more for purple plate rookie.

Bottom of seat, even with the bottom of the chassis, crotch 3/16 off the steering upright, back of seat 8.5-9 inches off the axle, and the RS seat strut about 3.75 off the motor rail, and about 1 inch forward lean
Mounting the seat is one of the most important parts in assembling a chassis, do it wrong and you will bind the chassis and cause handling issues.
You should be able to unbolt the seat, remove it from the kart, put it back in and all the holes line up WITHOUT pulling or twisting the seat.
Use large fender washers inside the seat to keep the bolts from pulling through, use rubber washers between the strut and seat, nylock locknuts just snug, not tightened

I will have to get some different slides then. No way to mount it that low with what is on the kart. I think some of the problem is is that the seat is high in the front. Even where i had it felt like it was tilting me backwards. I will just have to get new slides then I should be able to lower it.
Hey Racing Promoter. When your 73 it's harder to suck it up. lol Thanks yall.

I will have to get some different slides then. No way to mount it that low with what is on the kart. I think some of the problem is is that the seat is high in the front. Even where i had it felt like it was tilting me backwards. I will just have to get new slides then I should be able to lower it.
Hey Racing Promoter. When your 73 it's harder to suck it up. lol Thanks yall.
I applaud your effort !!
Good Luck !!

2 most important things about a seat.

Make sure it is comfortable. And I am not referring to the angle it is laid back. Has to fit you and let you relax in the seat a little.

Secondly has to be installed correctly.

Bottom of seat, even with the bottom of the chassis, crotch 3/16 off the steering upright, back of seat 8.5-9 inches off the axle, and the RS seat strut about 3.75 off the motor rail, and about 1 inch forward lean
Mounting the seat is one of the most important parts in assembling a chassis, do it wrong and you will bind the chassis and cause handling issues.
You should be able to unbolt the seat, remove it from the kart, put it back in and all the holes line up WITHOUT pulling or twisting the seat.
Use large fender washers inside the seat to keep the bolts from pulling through, use rubber washers between the strut and seat, nylock locknuts just snug, not tightened
going to get some seat sliders today. I should be able to get the seat low. Also should I mount the seat as far forward as I can to start. Seems like the last two I had were light on the nose. I should have to add around 25 lbs for the class. This what I have now. You can see the way the seat .slider is.

Seat sliders didn't work. Tubing was to big. Had to use what was on it. I cut the bar into and made two separate sliders. Had to do some bending on them to get the seat low enough. It is still a little high in the back but I can't get it any lower. Going to give it a try.

Seat sliders didn't work. Tubing was to big. Had to use what was on it. I cut the bar into and made two separate sliders. Had to do some bending on them to get the seat low enough. It is still a little high in the back but I can't get it any lower. Going to give it a try.
Good Luck !!

Next race you can come try and set in mine if you want im maybe 1/8in from bottom the frame and 9in off the axle and seats far up as I can get it.

You must have an older generation kart that has the seat front mount as you describe. In my opinion the chassis was designed to have the seat mounted that way. If you try to " modernize " it, it won't handle the way the manufacturer designed it! You have to remember that it was designed for adults back in the day with the seat mounts the way they were! It will never be competive with newer designed chassis and especially will not be if you try to modify it from the way it was originally designed. Been there / done that!!

Back