200cc open motor class

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
when building an open motor.... If you limited the group to 200cc block motors, meaning pred 212, flat head, 196 clone, Honda 196. and any other that may fit in this group.. what would you build and why?? Adult class, no rules other then weight and must use the above mentioned motors for a base. Looking for some opinions..

Thanks

I'd include the Briggs as well, just to be able to attract more racers. Fuel limitations?
I think a braced block Hemi predator is the best thing going right now personally.

The Lo206 is sealed so you would just want the Animal. Which would be a very good candidate for any 200cc open, they are built all the time and can compete exceptionally well.

We used to run a 220cc class in SIRA street series. Mostly Animals and Yamaha F200..a couple of Honda's The rule was bore & stroke only..any fuel, cam, compression, internal parts...even billet..was FUN! We ran Animal with long Rod, WF head, Wiseco piston, 356 cam, 45 lb springs, tilly 348 on methanol..turned 9000+..they ROAR!!

I have an open 196 and I have heard people talking about a limited modified class. They only thing the say is tech is the block. It has to be a flathead, clone/Honda 196, 206 animal, or the pred. Besides that they don't really care. Its so we aren't out running with 250R,390's, 450's, or the 500's. It seems like a great class to start running at most tracks for the racers. Its a small block open.

Sounds a lot like the old F200 Class. There was a large group of us here in Wisconsin running F200. We had Kohlers, Hondas, Briggs, Tecumseh's and Yamaha's. I would love to do it again.

220 cc's max that way everyone can play. Methanol, carburetor 1" max, Billet flywheels, No welding on the head.

They run great sound great and are a lot of fun when you get 8 to 10 of them together.

We used to run a 220cc class in SIRA street series. Mostly Animals and Yamaha F200..a couple of Honda's The rule was bore & stroke only..any fuel, cam, compression, internal parts...even billet..was FUN! We ran Animal with long Rod, WF head, Wiseco piston, 356 cam, 45 lb springs, tilly 348 on methanol..turned 9000+..they ROAR!!
SIRA needs to bring that class back. 4 Cycle racers need MORE than LO206..........

Our local track runs a limited mod 4cycle only (only clone, predator or animals allowed) , with treaded tires, gets on average 10-12 karts....😉

Back