2010 eccentrix push

Vegaman

My 2010 excentrix pushes on entry can anyone tell how to fix it. My numbers are nose 46.5 left 58 cross 60.2.

Two things that generally can cause a front end to push. .... not enough nose which you have plenty of or not enough front stagger.

Only posting your scale numbers doesn't do much justice when asking what can cure your problem....

Your pushing with only 60 cross and -3 on the rf..... what tires are you in and does the track contain any bite? Your not creating enough rf bite to help allow the kart to turn....

Depending what your doing with your tires. I'd say drop your rf down to -2.25 to -2.5.

run more stagger in back than in front,these chassis are riggid and add more cross 61.5 or 62 front 47.5 lft 57 rear 53 1" 1/2 rear

run more stagger in back than in front,these chassis are riggid and add more cross 61.5 or 62 front 47.5 lft 57 rear 53 1" 1/2 rear

Now someones picking where the taters are growing, add to this even little less left ,set Rf camber at 2.5 and Lf at .5, and put BITE in your tires, did I say BITE, yes BITE, more BITE.

Good Luck !!

maybe its not "getting off the LR" and getting little to no weight transfer to right front? look at your seat positioning, maybe kick it to the right a little?

Lots of ways to try and resolve a push, more info might help find the best one? Compare your numbers to Ultramax's to see where you differ?

Not knowing a lot about LTO karting, I often wonder how someone can recommend a rear stagger without knowing the radius of the turn, or the width of the rear track, center to center, and if the race track has any banking. Seems to me those are all determining factors for calculating the correct amount of stagger you need for any given track.

I also wonder about rear tread widths. It seems to me, (and I can give you numerous examples of what it will do for a Sprint kart) that changing the tread widths can have a big affect on the handling of any kart. What I see is people recommending one tread width, almost like only one tread width will work, and then changing other things in an attempt to make that tread width the correct one to run.

Al, using your spreadsheet, at what point do you figure in where the apex is in the radius of the corner?

from Wikipedia;
The apex or clipping point is the innermost point of the line taken through a curve. The apex is often, but not always, the geometric center of the turn. Hitting the apex allows the vehicle to take the straightest line and maintain the highest speed through that specific corner. It is often near the tightest part of a corner.

Because all turns are pretty much unique, my spreadsheet doesn't take into consideration all the variables that can be found. Actually, if the turn is +/- 5 feet on the radius the stagger only varies +/- 1/8 of an inch. This tells me that variations in the turns radius don't create a really big need for large changes in stagger. My spreadsheet only gives you a theoretical best stagger for a given turn, with a given tread width and it takes into consideration any banking. In other words, a good place to start.

Here is my .02 and Im not being a smart*** just trying to help.
I would put RF camber at 2-2.5* LF camber at .5-1*, Make sure you have 45+nose, Make sure all tires have air in them 6 or 7 on the right and 5 on the lefts, Move LR out. Not in that order. Good Luck!

Back