2010 Excentric Stagger

Jmuck1

What's everybody using for a starting stagger.? 1/8 mile banked oval, kart has a tetter-todder effect on the scales with 3/4-1" rear and 1-1/2" in the front.

That tetter-todder effect on the scales is not stagger that's cross, increase rear to 1 1/2" min lower front to 1 1/4" min, how much cross do you have in it ?

55 cross with no driver ?
That scenario is odd , rr and lfet frt both off the pads .
Most typical for just the left frt .

Without thinking much on it reading makes me think your chassis has been bent.

... butt proly wrong?????

Sounds like a low cross setup to me, and never mind what the scales read without a driver. That don't matter, unless you race without a driver?

Please explain; what is your explanation for the need of stagger? I've always thought of it as compensating for the fact that the inside tire and the outside tire are rolling on different radius circles. If the stagger is off, one tire is going to be sliding rather than rolling and this can cause drag. Saying that a track is 1/8 mile doesn't say what the radius of the turn is. And banking introduces more complications.
A banked turn would appear to require less rear stagger than a flat turn. The difference in the length of the 2 paths becomes smaller as a banking increases. It can easily be demonstrated that this is true.

Oh, to answer your original question. I use 1.5-1.75" rear, more on the small tracks less on the big tracks. Front always stays the same about 1.5". I also run an Excentric.

Please explain; what is your explanation for the need of stagger? I've always thought of it as compensating for the fact that the inside tire and the outside tire are rolling on different radius circles.

You've always thought wrong about it.

And your thoughts do not consider the front stagger reported in the first post.

Your thoughts on it which is your usual babble, also have nothing do with what the original poster asked.

Oh, to answer your original question. I use 1.5-1.75" rear, more on the small tracks less on the big tracks. Front always stays the same about 1.5". I also run an Excentric.
So you like the the bigger stagger in the rear..?

I do. I think it has to do with individual setups. I run a 450 in UAS, but if I had a predator in a light class I might not feel the same? Be careful who you take advise from, consider their whole setup not just one thing. These modern offset chassis' are super adjustable in so many ways. Really easy to "tune" yourself out by listening to everyone. Pick someone you trust and go with their advise, until you chose someone else for whatever reason. A good thing to know is why you make the adjustment and what you hope to achieve with it. Then write it down...…….

Back