2010 slip joint charger

Watson9

Lookin for a good baseline setup for a 2010 slip joint just bought this kart and got no clue about seat location camber caster and so on

Considering the Magnum has won the 3 biggest races in history on 2 different types of tires and 3 totally different surfaces, we as well as a lot of others love the Magnum..... All the way to the BANK$$$$$

We love ours too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like somebody is having a bad day!

We'll I ran it this weekend and kinda struggled with a tight in problem but the guy I bought the kart from ran it indoors when I resembled everything I didn't realize the bearing cassettes are in upside down I felt like I had a rear tracking issue all night is this how u add lead to these karts I've never really messed with rear lead so I'm a little confused overall I thought that kart will be pretty good with the bugs worked out got 3 rd of 12 being unhappy so I guess things can only get better

I was getting on here to ask the same question. I've run the one I bought twice and I love it, but was curious to what the actual base line set up was especially camber settings for different conditions and banking.

For seat location: what size and brand seat?

This is the standard starting point for Magnums:

Stock Heavy, Super Heavy, and Limited Modified Classes:

Left Side Weight: 58% - 59%
Rear Weight: 56% - 56.5%
Cross Weight: 64% - 66%
Stagger: 3/4" to 1" rear and 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" front
Camber: 2.5° split (For example: 0.25° positive left front and 2.75° negative RF)

Camber Considerations:

Charger recommends no more than 3.0° negative camber in the RF and no more than 1.0° positive in the LF at any point in time.

Toe in / out:

1/16" to an 1/8" toe-out standard on all weight out.
Charger never recommends toe-in.

Caster Considerations:

8.0° of positive caster LF and 12.0° of positive RF caster is standard on all weight outs.
Remember: Positive caster is when the top of the caster block is leaned back towards the rear of the kart.

Chassis Lead:

Changing chassis lead can be a great tool to enhance the driveability of the kart. Changing lead is a big change. Be mindful of this and don't let this throw you off.
Forward Lead: For larger tracks that have sweeping turns or thats that are 1/4 mile in length or longer.
Rearward Lead: For smaller tracks that have tight turns, or indoor tracks

I have noticed I have a number 5.6. Bearing cassette on the lr axle and a 9 or 6 on the rr beating cassette and both are mounted up side down so I want different cassette on each side or should I run the. Both the same I' kinda don't understand it

I have noticed I have a number 5.6. Bearing cassette on the lr axle and a 9 or 6 on the rr beating cassette and both are mounted up side down so I want different cassette on each side or should I run the. Both the same I' kinda don't understand it

I have no idea what you have going on w/ rear cassettes, it is impossible to mount the cassettes upside down as you say, assuming you have 2010. Will be glad to help figure out what you have but you will need to call us @ 989-366-0578.. I curious as well...

Watson9, The early cassettes were numbered in pairs. Each cassette half will have a number. just match them up with the Charger logo upright. If you need some setup help give me a call. We have always been really fast on Magnums. Buddy Anderson. 256-874-8256

Awesome ok thanks man was a little confused and wasn't sure if it ment something or not wana thank everyone for the help it's greatly appreciated it's always nice to have a good starting point when u get on a new chassis

I know it's an old post, but if you will study what the frame will do with the slip joint, your thinking about how to set it up will change.we won a lot of races on ours and weren't set up like most of them.

I have a charger that I've been trying to find out what chasis I have I asked a guy at the track yesterday he said it was a 2013 slip joint I need to replace both spindles but I don't see slip joint chasis on the page is it a magnum? I'm having a huge problem getting this kart to turn it does have a lot of cross and my set up guy is one of the best in the area but still having trouble getting it to stop pushing so maybe we have the wrong set up.

I have a charger that I've been trying to find out what chasis I have I asked a guy at the track yesterday he said it was a 2013 slip joint I need to replace both spindles but I don't see slip joint chasis on the page is it a magnum? I'm having a huge problem getting this kart to turn it does have a lot of cross and my set up guy is one of the best in the area but still having trouble getting it to stop pushing so maybe we have the wrong set up.
Then you don't have one of the best setup guys in the business, or it wouldn't be pushing.
Need to list all you current numbers.

Going to give it another shot this weekend at the indoor track if the kart don't turn this time I will be getting something

Back