2011 bad max

Fastwood01

We run a 2011 BadMax. When the tracks we go to is wet and tacky,it's a rocket. When they dry up and get dry on us it slows down. What can we do to help that? Thanks.

Sounds like you need some help with your tires. Get with a tire guy or talk to some one at your track on what to use on your tires.

What kind of numbers do you have in the kart? What does the kart do from jumping one type of track to the next...

I will get you the numbers off my laptop when I get home. Like yesterday we unloaded and it was a rocket. Running 11.19's constent then it got dry and went to running 11.30 and 11.40s..

I will get you the numbers off my laptop when I get home. Like yesterday we unloaded and it was a rocket. Running 11.19's constent then it got dry and went to running 11.30 and 11.40s..
Do you have an air density gauge? A change in air density could easily have been the reason for a .1 or .2 difference in lap times.
Not saying the dry track didn’t cause it, just giving you another thing to look at.
Have you ever tried split lap timing? Time the corner, then time the straight etc. etc. It would sure answer the question; are you losing it in the turns or on the straights.
It Sprint racing we always split the laps. Sometimes 2 sections, sometimes 3 or 4. If we were slower than the competition, this would tell us where, on the track, we were slower.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

Back