2013 platinum tg1 set up

all1bout1racing

I just got this chassis and no absolutely nothing about it. I'm running a 2012 triton and a 2016 kinetik at the moment and was gonna take this one out this coming weekend for a shake down. The track I'm going to is a 1/12th mile small slightly banked dirt track that is dry slick and most of the time is dusty. I need starting number for this track condition and the only stagger I have will be 1 1/4 all the way around since that's what track around here normally call for or a little less in the rear depending on conditions. I'll be prepping with straight goat since it's really cold around here right now and the track won't have much bite at all running clone lites which will be 325lbs. Also I'm 145 to 148 myself at 5'8".

I have very little amounts of tires and no means to shrink the ones I'll be using and I'm kinda new to the prep thing. I assumed to get more bite on a track with no bite I use more aggressive prep???

I have very little amounts of tires and no means to shrink the ones I'll be using and I'm kinda new to the prep thing. I assumed to get more bite on a track with no bite I use more aggressive prep???

Don't need much to shrink LR pull valve core heat tire real good with a torch place it in the freezer for an hr it will shrink, very easy to get it back where it was for other track.

What Tire ?

Dry Dusty in a lot of cases is less prep depending on tire especially Burris 33's, Not saying that's the case with this track I would do my home work before just wiping Goat.

The setup on the web site works great but I will say on Burris ss33a run a little more camber than what's on the site. I have the same kart on Burris and it's a rocket but I would get off the goat in that condition like other stated. Wd40 works good in dry tracks it puts good bite in tire plus it want hurt your tires. And put correct stagger in it or your gonna be chasing a lot of problems. I run 1 1/2 front and 1 rear

I just looked at the badging and it said TGR13 does that mean it's a 2013 tgr and if so what's the difference between the tgr and tg1. I can't put my left rear in the freezer no room and my gf would flip out haha. If anything and I need more rear stagger I'll just run a 1/4lb of air more in the right rear Giving it a slight amount but not much of stagger. I'm planning on running a open so honestly if it's a little tight I change my entry into the corner and get in the gas sooner to upset the rear of the kart and help it out of the corner. Not to mention I don't really plan on running this kart this year much unless it surprises me compared to my super super fast kinetik.

Tgr is tony gaylord racing and yes it's a tg1 there no different. I promise it will surprise you the tg1 are still winning every weekend you will like it

I know I’m reviving a 4 year old thread..but looking for baseline numbers for 2013 Platinum TG1 for JR3 at 320 lbs. Track is Providence Raceway in Henry, VA.
I’ve called and emailed the manufacturer without any response.

left 57.5 to 59. go in between, 58 to 58.5, cross 64 to 70, go in between like 66 to 67. nose 46 to 47.5 go in between 46.5 to 47. camber 2 1/2 to 3 go 2 3/4 left right 0 to 1/2 go to 1/4. if the kart is straight and you have good tires, you will be fast if your tires are off you will be slow. personally with my son at light weight, i run him at 47 nose 57.5 left 64 cross, 2 1/2 left. 1/8 right. when tires are right for track he is settled and fast when they are off he still is quick just not quick enough. i never change anything at track if i do i change at least two things as far as nose, left and cross goes, one change does nothing , multiple changes you can see.

Last edited:
Back