2013 Triton

[/B]

Not necessarily.[/QU

It does on this kart at this particular track. It may just be this track but it does on the last 4 chassis we have raced over the years. I am not trying to seem like I know it all or be sarcastic but for some reason at this track we have learned over the years new tires tighten us up a little.

What's the purpose of rolling the caster forward after moving the rf back?

It has been on 7 and 10 since new. Also has been the tightest kart we have driven since new. The Pro Kart Tour came a couple weeks ago and I had 3 individuals tell me to change it to 10 and 13. I am not saying this is right but for the first time since we purchased it you could finally feel it rotate in corner. Before it would just ride left rear. It is currently still tight but not half as bad as before. Again, I am not saying the castor is right just finally got it to rotate.

Does that tell us that the kart wasn't jacking enough weight mechanically from the LR to the RR? Putting in more castor caused the kart to transfer more, correct? Would doing something small like moving the LF out a spacer on the spindle help with mechanical jacking? Maybe more LF positive camber? Just thinking out loud.

It just seems to me that the RF camber is too low. I have yet to be on less than -3.125° on RF and personally like around -3.5°. I also haven't been to this track and I am not saying it won't work that low.

If the kart is better with 10 and 13 then leave it. Also, if the kart is really good and you know new tires will help, don't change anything. Heck, if the seat is mounted in the kart backwards and the driver has to drive looking over his shoulder and it's fast, ride it.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

It just seems to me that the RF camber is too low. I have yet to be on less than -3.125° on RF and personally like around -3.5°. I also haven't been to this track and I am not saying it won't work that low.

I agree. With that much cross I would start adding RF Camber 1/8-1/4 degree at a time. More camber will help keep the kart rolled over on the RF for longer center off...PROVIDED you have enough initial weight transfer to that particular to begin with.

With his cross and left side weight so high he would have to have a ton of bite in order for the kart to not push like a freight train. JMO. Lower cross and left is what I think and also add bite to the tires

Thanks for the help. We won 2 classes this past week with the same set of tires on our phoenom and unbolted them put them right on the triton to practice right after the race. triton was fast but again still a little push. was on 10 and 13 but first time I was on that low of camber. I mentioned before it was as fast as ever since we had it but it was too tight to win. I guess you could say not quite up to phoenom speed yet. lol

Kart is going to have more potential long run speed with the higher cross. I'd make the bite before dropping the cross.

I would like to thank everyone for the help...After using all of the suggestions from fellow racers I have been really pleased with the triton. I kept the same tire program but made significant changes to the set up with all of the suggestions...In 4 races since this thread started we have accomplished 4 poles, 3 wins and a second. Thanks a lot for all of you guys input and helping me turn this thing around.

I would like to thank everyone for the help...After using all of the suggestions from fellow racers I have been really pleased with the triton. I kept the same tire program but made significant changes to the set up with all of the suggestions...In 4 races since this thread started we have accomplished 4 poles, 3 wins and a second. Thanks a lot for all of you guys input and helping me turn this thing around.

Glad to hear it

Back