2013 Triton

I have a 2013 Triton. I have caster at 10 left 13 right. I have camber at .5 left and 2.5 right. I have 69%cross, 60 % left and 47.5% nose. Seat is a large with the front center of steering strut and rear of seat is about 2 inches to the right of the left rear cassette and 9.5 inches off the axle. It has a select brand seat. Driver is 225lbs. We have changed the chassis numbers all over the board and the numbers I have listed seem to be the best due to now we seem to be not as tight as we have in the past but everything else we have tried, no matter what, we do it, it stays tight on exit. Chassis enters well but center off it just goes straight. Any help on the matter would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

That's a lot of cross for that low of RF camber plus 225 driver. I'd say mechanically you are pinning the LR down. Also, fwiw, the rear seat side-to-side measurement is given from right seat strut to motor rail.

I ride an '11 Icon, not a Triton, so take mine with a grain of salt.

That's a lot of cross for that low of RF camber plus 225 driver. I'd say mechanically you are pinning the LR down. Also, fwiw, the rear seat side-to-side measurement is given from right seat strut to motor rail.

I ride an '11 Icon, not a Triton, so take mine with a grain of salt.

Thanks...I agree about the rf camber....I have been all the way to 3.5 and pushes worse....also have been from 64 to 70 on cross.

I have a 2013 Triton. I have caster at 10 left 13 right. I have camber at .5 left and 2.5 right. I have 69%cross, 60 % left and 47.5% nose. Seat is a large with the front center of steering strut and rear of seat is about 2 inches to the right of the left rear cassette and 9.5 inches off the axle. It has a select brand seat. Driver is 225lbs. We have changed the chassis numbers all over the board and the numbers I have listed seem to be the best due to now we seem to be not as tight as we have in the past but everything else we have tried, no matter what, we do it, it stays tight on exit. Chassis enters well but center off it just goes straight. Any help on the matter would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Where is the RR seat strut at to the motor rail? How far off edge to edge?

You have a huge amount of weight on the LR and the RF, compared to most I see here.
I wonder if the problem is that the rear stagger is off. Many say the LF & RF should be close to the sazme but yours are way different.

Comments, Complements, Criticisms and Questions are always welcome.

El tire, way too much cross, bring that cross to 64 and set your RF camber at 3.
Im guessing youre racing at Dexter?

Yes dexter....we have put the cross at 65 and camber at 3...man we have changed alot.....under acceleration turning left is not even an option. lol gonna use some of the ideas learned on this thread and continue trying

As has been mentioned, you've got too much of several things. I'd be on 59 left, 64 cross, 46.5 to 47 nose, +3/8, -3, front of seat 1/4 to 1/2" left of center to the steering upright, RR strut 3.75" off the motor rail.

What size track is it and what are your staggers, castor and castor plate locations?

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

As has been mentioned, you've got too much of several things. I'd be on 59 left, 64 cross, 46.5 to 47 nose, +3/8, -3, front of seat 1/4 to 1/2" left of center to the steering upright, RR strut 3.75" off the motor rail.

What size track is it and what are your staggers, castor and castor plate locations?

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

1/5 mile track..1" stagger rear...1 1/2" stagger rear...caster is 10 left set back and right is 13 set foward

I'd work with seat position first and the setup numbers. If that doesn't get it then you can do a couple of things with the front end: pull the RF back and drop the castor to 7 and 10.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

I'd work with seat position first and the setup numbers. If that doesn't get it then you can do a couple of things with the front end: pull the RF back and drop the castor to 7 and 10.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

By bringing the castor from 10 left and 13 right back to 7 left and 10 right make the front end more aggressive and bite more?

By bringing the castor from 10 left and 13 right back to 7 left and 10 right make the front end more aggressive and bite more?

Well I was always at 7 and 10 until this past week I tried 10 and 13 and that was the fastest and best handling it had been yet but still a little push and that was on worn ties. I know newer tires would have tightened it even more.

Back