2014 AKRA rule books now available

jsims

AKRA 2014 rule books now available at www.boxstockproject.com for $10 each, plus about $1 US postal shipping.

Other suppliers of the AKRA rule book are welcome to add your name to this list
Thanks
Jimmy Sims bsp

I just noticed in my 2014 rule book..at the end of the box stock rules, where it states any attempt to increase rpms...etc..it also says if this should happen there will be a mandated use of aftermarket flywheels. And it also states under no circumstances is this type of flywheel allowed in the box stock project (stock classes), stock flywheel ONLY... I guess this slipped through right??? I ask as I had a call about it...and I want to make sure I didn't miss anything, as I told him stock flywheels are not legal.

Ya, just take a magic marker and draw a line through it and put your initials next to it and that will make it official. LOL

Not to sound stupid but will it have all the rules or just the updated ones. Thanks.

Yes the 2014 AKRA Tech Manual will contain .... general rules and regulations .... class/engine structure .... and complete engine specific rules for Flathead, limited Modified, Animal, L206, as well as Box Stock (Clone).

Is a lifan engine legal in akra ........Wondering cause Stout sells them

Yes

AKRA tech book shows any clone 196cc engine. So what does that cover. I know the predator is different.....

Any single cylinder, 2 valve, OHV 4 cycle, 196cc, 6.5 H.P., clone engine (similar in design to the Honda GX200), that meet the listed engine specific technical specifications and rules for Box Stock engines.

Predator series engines are 212cc and not AKRA legal for Box Stock Classes

AKRA tech book shows any clone 196cc engine. So what does that cover. I know the predator is different.....

The champion 196cc are not legal to be used in these classes either, and they are 196cc. But to answer the guys question, yes the lifan 196cc engines are legal. Basically any 196cc besides the champions should be legal, champions arent because of the different rockers they use from what i know.

Yes the 2014 AKRA Tech Manual will contain .... general rules and regulations .... class/engine structure .... and complete engine specific rules for Flathead, limited Modified, Animal, L206, as well as Box Stock (Clone).

Yes

Any single cylinder, 2 valve, OHV 4 cycle, 196cc, 6.5 H.P., clone engine (similar in design to the Honda GX200), that meet the listed engine specific technical specifications and rules for Box Stock engines.

Predator series engines are 212cc and not AKRA legal for Box Stock Classes

This is the part that matters

Back