2014 flathead limited

I agree with dky, I think it would be short sighted to save a block by going to .100 over, save it by re-sleeving then start back over at .030 then you'd have .060 and .080 left. I'd hate to lose a good one with some slick port work to a busted block, there's lots of shops that will drop a sleeve for you very reasonably priced. Would it be faster at .100 over, I doubt it with stock valves and seats and an .875 venturi carb, at some point bigger isn't gonna buy you anything and I think that point has already been reached. Jon

the best engines ive ever had were.020 something about that size with stock valves works best any bigger bore and it just wasnt as fast

Best limited ( won a national championship) we ever had was a worn out .030 over single bearing stocker that Old Otis Merritt put a sleeve in and put it back to std. When we got out of karting the first thing Otis said to me was you still got that std. limited. I'll take it off your hands for you.

I have to admit, a bigger bore with stock valves only slows you down. Why, I'm not sure. It just does. I've seen a std Limited out run
an .080 over and both were on a rail. As we all know a good handling kart makes up a ton of horsepower. With that said I'm all for
keeping the Flathead Limited's alive, however that may be. WKA needs to bring them back. The Clone's are killing this sport we all
love and they don't even know it. Sure they (Clones) have their place but fast and loud made this sport. It gets spectators to line
the fence and more new want to be racers coming in. Tracks now sound like they are cutting the grass. After 38 years, its a totally
different atmosphere at the race track. You can't even hear karts on the track. With all the big money they are really only 3 or maybe 4
drivers who can win it. All the rest are just backmarkers paying the bills. So many get sucked into this money machine and can't find
their way out. As in life, the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Eventually it will be just a handful of racers, all the haves while
the have nots stay home because they have been dollared out. And life goes on...........................

WKA legal fhead ltd's were .040 overbore max.
.080 overbore is a creation of the various tracks. Check before going .080.

Back