2014 Gold Cup Series

I agree with you Gary --- I know for a fact that. 4 cycles are the black sheep to those folks ---- just trying to help the Gold Cup crowd !!

As always thanks for your input

Peewee

Sometimes a track showing openly they don´t care about 4 cycles might be better than letting them in and once you pay the fee show they don´t care at all about your class. Just saying from experience.

Yes sir
It was 95 for both and then a few guys showed up with open pipes or no mufflers --- game on since then --- Dan that is the manager is a good friend of ours and even ran against you in Charlotte with our first bleeping chassis --- lol --- in world formula

Rainman --- cone on down and run with us

Well I can't say I would argue that they would want a muffler on but if they are changing the decibel level just to keep people 4cycles away, that is enough for me to not want to race there.

I know that if we do go there Peewee is going to have the biggest sleepover party every! I call top bunk and first shower

Peewee, when you head to MMX with the pro gass give me a call. Ill come run with you if Keith ever gives me my kart!

I am just as happy as can be we still have a Gold Cup Series to compete in in 2014! One step at a time!

I am just as happy as can be we still have a Gold Cup Series to compete in in 2014! One step at a time!

That is exactly my thinking! It was heading towards extinction until this year it seems to have a flicker of hope. We all just need to keep pulling the rope in the same direction.

Steve

I'll have ya guys pull as. Much as possible --- it was great that the gas animal came along -- esp thanks to BRE

It was close to being gone from what I have heard !!!

Seriously I am a small part of the overall grand plan for the gold cup. We really need to get a lot more kart shops, sponsors, supporters engine builders, chassis manufactures and most important the racers to be part of the growth. If we can just start getting consistantly over 200 entries at each race it will really start the ball rolling. Big entries feeds on big entries. This series will start getting a lot more attention from the sponsors and supporters when we can start generating entries in the 200 +. When the outside potential sponsors see a big series they want to be part of it to help promote and sell there products and services. Then in return they become sponsors and we all win with more awards for the racers. It's no different than most business models. Think big...............we need 500 + entries at all gold cup races!

WKA is doing a great job with the budget they currently have to work with! Thank You WKA!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

It floors me that a track wants to charge $15,000.00 to use their facility for three days. Midstate Raceway in Springfield hosted the WKA Heartland Thunder Series on there oval for three years in a row and WKA kept promising them a Gold Cup.

They are a WKA Master Track and use the WKA Master Track Insurance Plan for every single event, not just when WKA shows up once a year.

Every year they said, do this, or do that, and we will get you one next year. We gave up, especially with all the disappearing Leadership people we had dealt with over last 20 years.

Our facility could easily handle the Gold Cup at its current participation levels and even 50% larger with no problem. We have looked at adding another inner loop to reduce the length of our lnog straight and make the track more challenging. It is easliy on the same level as JAX as it sits. And probably over 3000 hotel rooms within 10 minutes of the track.

And I know that our CLUB would not charge a penny for WKA to come. In fact, in the past WKA told YOU/CLUB/TRACK what expenses of WKA's you were responsible for and how much per entry you were going to PAY WKA. The club makes its money on PARKING, PIT PASSES, PRACTICE, and CONCESSIONS.

Before you go to pay MMX $15K......look at all of the available facilities there are that are just as challenging and do not charge F1 or NASCAR pricing to race a simple go kart.

I never knew about Springfield until I saw this post. Track looks like a lot of fun. I see that there is a new infield that must have gone in recently as well. I'd love to go there.

As it was last year at JAX.. the track no longer gets the parking, pit pass and practice fees. There are new considerations now to having a WKA national.

Bav84

I applaud Steve Baker and others for the Pro Gas class which has helped to jump start the Gold Cup. One problem I see is that the timing of the Nationals makes it very difficult for juniors or even school aged kids competing. With 50% of the events during the school year and only 2 during the summer months. Missing school and traveling 1k miles just doesn't work. Why not more events when they are done with school?

D Bavineau

I agree as all and thank Steve and others for the effort put in to the Gas Class. Definately something to grow from now.

Actually for the young drivers in the south.. 75% of the races this year (2014) in the Gold Cup series will be during their school year. One is the same week the kids go back to school. Not too many parents are going to take their kids from class for 1-2 days the first week. The juniors are foothold to keep growing.

As best as I can remember , we always had races during he school year

It's a double edge knife
Almost impossible to make a schedule to make everyone happy but I know what u are saying

Peewee. MGM Fab

Mike,
I think Midstate would be a great track to have a Gold Cup Event!! I personally have mentioned it numerous times in our committee meetings. I know a huge complaint for the Gold Cup is going to the same tracks over and over and over. Maybe we can look at having a race there for the 2015 season. With the strong 4-cycle turn out at Midstate, I could see it benefiting the local racer giving them a shot to run a National and the Gold Cup might just get a few more National competitors. Worth a shot.

Rob

I am still intrigued by the idea of having 4 races in the Midwest, 4 races in the North East and 4 races in the South. Then one grand National some where in the middle with double points that all 3 regions would come and race. Then for the final points you claim your best 4 races. I have heard that years ago there was something like this venue, not sure how it was run however. This would actually reduce travel time and expenses. This would however have a totally different plan for staffing, obviously WKA could not attend all these races. A race series like this would support a better feeder for sprint racing and a huge grand national event.

Steve

Back