2014 Prowler

bullerman

Where should I start with front wheel spacing. I was thinking that the inside of the rim should be over the center of the spindle bolt. I can do this on the left front but not the right front. I can get it to about 3/8 " of being over the center of the bolt.
Should I set both of them about the same spacing. I need another rim with a little more offset on the right front I think.

What about seat position I need one more time. 2014 Prowler stock medium weight. Box stock class. I am 10 " from top of seat to top of axle. Front of seat a little right to center of steering post. Center of rear of seat 1 1/2" from inside of cassette. What should the top of the seat be off the axle. I think I am too high.

Seat should be 8 1/2 off the axle, we would do the spine of the seat 1/2 inch to the left from where the rotor would be on the lr side but that kart has rr brakes and would center the seat in the frt

Well I got it like that. Since the caliper and rotor are on the right I measured from the rotor to the cassette then went to the left side and measured where the rotor would be. I am about 5/8 to the left center of where the rotor would be with the center of the seat. I am centered up with the seat on the steering post in the front and at 8 3/4" seat height. The top of the seat is just inside the rear of the axle. I don't think it can be past the axle. This is close as I can get get. I hope it doesn't put old neck in too much of a bind. Need to put it back on the scales. Thanks for the help.

I sat in the kart today with helmet and neck brace on. This is the lowest I have ever had the seat. It feels better than I thought it would. Got to get back on the scales.

Just seen your from pineville, more thank likely that 14 was one of our old karts, most of the prowlers in Louisiana have came out of our stable, 14s and below

Rode a little this past weekend. Supposed to have a race but not many people showed up. I liked the way the sear is. It'll I had adjustable struts I would lower it a hair more. I didn't thin it would be comfortable but it's ok. I run the box stock class with grooves. I started with 9lbs. Right side and 7lbs left side. Kart seemed to do good. Right at the end I lowered the pressure all the way around and I got loose. Wonder if it was rolling over on the side walls and getting me loose. Burris said 10 Right and 8 left is a good starting point. I have always thought you need to run low air pressure.
One track is starting the box stock class with the Reaper tires. May get me a set and try them.

I will be racing around your area, I have yet to try the reapers, I’ve done maxxis and vegas for years. To me grooves are too much for a flat kart.

Yes probably so. That is just the rules one track has. I don't know about the set up part. I have to run a 36" roll out on the right side with 1 5/8 stagger in the front and 1" in the rear. I have it scaled pretty close to what is recommended. I don't know if it would handle different with slicks being the size they are with 34 " inch roll out on the right side.

I use to race acadiana, but I’ve been to lil dega, bjs, mojave and savage
acadiana is now closed, never will have anymore races there. Lil Dega is opening back up with new owner this year, BJs still running and Mojave, for as savage, i wouldnt tell anyone to run there.

I know acadiana is closed, I was at the last race and had a driver win on a prowler there, I have had numerous wins on prowler at dega and mojave

Back