2014 Prowler

Bodydropped. I sold my Kinetik and am back in the 2014 Prowler. Running the Silver and Spark class 375 weight.
What do you think set up wise for Lil Dega. You know they reshaped the track a little. I am thinking
46 nose
Around 58 left
62 or 63 cross
2.5 rf camber
.5 lf camber
I have 1 1/2 front and 1 rear stagger
1/16 right
front toe out
Seat is 10" off rear axle but i have a pad in the seat. Raises me up a little more.
Just wondering what you think set up wise.

I would up the cross to 66 % and send it , and IF you have any handling issues once you know tires are real close , I'd see how the issue corresponds with to high VCG and if indeed it makes sense, then I'd lower the seat and send it again , then if any more handling issues then tweak set up .
Good Luck !!

I know I need to sit lower in the seat. It just puts a strain on my old neck. I will take one of the pads out and try it.
I will put some more cross in it when I rescale. Thanks for the suggestions.

I know I need to sit lower in the seat. It just puts a strain on my old neck. I will take one of the pads out and try it.
I will put some more cross in it when I rescale. Thanks for the suggestions.
I don't think you need to take it out before running again , I would just up the cross to 66 % first then wait and see if there's a handling issue , then once you have the issue the area you approach to cure it should be re mount the entire seat , which in the end it's lower VCG .
Now for the ones following me thinking I just said what 2 days ago to someone else set cross and forget it until your a lot more experienced , and remember CROSS is a FINE tune adjustment . Yes your correct and Yes that is True , and just increasing cross here to 66 % bullerman will probably not even notice it . The reason I'm suggesting it is 2 folds , first being I have worked with Prowler Karts won races , set poles , ran top 3 a lot with them, and in fact Still own a 2011 with limited races on it for it's age , that is always fast, and in every case slightly different set ups the cross always ended up 66 % . Second with that little xtra cross now if he runs it and does not experience a handling issue that tell us his Tires are pretty close , because with higher cross any kart is slightly more tire sensitive . Now to the ones thinking ok with that being said why not add the cross he runs it has a push off , so then simply lower the cross and the push goes away , I'll explain why and in doing so point out why cross adjustments alone are considered fine tune , and should ALWAYS be last adjustment made . Yes by only removing that cross for a slight push most always would cure the push , However it's just a Baind Aid type fix because it's not the fix that gives chance to increase speed lower lap times, Remember reading somewhere Finding the Highest cross number you can use in any kart set up, And remember new karts that number is a lot higher than older karts, and the RF will maintain grip with out slipping will end up faster. So If Bullerman adds that cross now and his only handling issue is a push off , by curing that problem by looking elsewhere than just cross , So to solve the problem in this case, the goal is make the RF GRIP more , first method I would try to achieve that would be wipe more bite , second would be slightly less air in the RF , third would be Add rear stagger of 1/4 ", forth would be add some LF pos camber, fifth would be remove some RF neg camber , those are some examples of the route I would probably take, not Necessarily the correct order others could get there quicker maybe in a different order , HOWEVER there all before making a cross adjustment only. Yes I didn't forget earlier I said IF he has a handling issue re mount the seat first, I'd stick by that because experience tells me his current position is a little off , if Bullerman know's moving the seat will cause to much discomfort ,then leave seat as is, and send it , if a handling issue occurs change accordingly to what the problem is and where, just leave your fingers off changing cross only.
Sorry I'm a bit of an over thinker as the really smart lady doctor that specializes in the Brian tells me , that's the reason this post is so long winded it's meant to be a teaching in the end, so it takes this many words for me to feel I might have gotten there .

Hope this helps the OP and others as well bring some clarity to changing things .

Bodydropped. I sold my Kinetik and am back in the 2014 Prowler. Running the Silver and Spark class 375 weight.
What do you think set up wise for Lil Dega. You know they reshaped the track a little. I am thinking
46 nose
Around 58 left
62 or 63 cross
2.5 rf camber
.5 lf camber
I have 1 1/2 front and 1 rear stagger
1/16 right
front toe out
Seat is 10" off rear axle but i have a pad in the seat. Raises me up a little more.
Just wondering what you think set up wise.
57 left, 53 1/2 rear, 67 cross, 2 3/4 rt and .75 lf 1 1/2 stagger frt and back, 1/8 lf and straight up rt side for toe. Imo the seat is to high off the axle, I’d want 8 inches off the axle to slow the weight transfer. This be a good starting point, similar numbers we run on my 15 with a Sbo

Last edited:
Back