2014 Triton Setup help.

Tgrove3t

Hey all, I’ve been away from kart racing about 16 years just sat back down last night. Well. We’re off. I’m battling a snappy loose kart threw the center on a 1/6th mile dry slick hard red clay high bank fast track. (Talladega) running clone medium (350) just looking for a starting point to go from. We’re at 66.8 cross. 58.7 left. 46.1.
8 lf caster block and 12 rf. Any help would be appreciated. I’m 6’1 165 lbs.

Tires?
Might go too 10/13 caster . .25 + lft -3 right .
Thats reasonable numbers you have there . Seat strut 4 inchs from motor rail seat back 8.5 off axle if a select .

Tires?
Might go too 10/13 caster . .25 + lft -3 right .
Thats reasonable numbers you have there . Seat strut 4 inchs from motor rail seat back 8.5 off axle if a select .
Maxxis blues on left and pinks on right. The caster is the first adjustment I’m doing 100% after the research. Seat is exact in location.

Hey all, I’ve been away from kart racing about 16 years just sat back down last night. Well. We’re off. I’m battling a snappy loose kart threw the center on a 1/6th mile dry slick hard red clay high bank fast track. (Talladega) running clone medium (350) just looking for a starting point to go from. We’re at 66.8 cross. 58.7 left. 46.1.
8 lf caster block and 12 rf. Any help would be appreciated. I’m 6’1 165 lbs.
For sure it's NOT a push on entry which turns into the snap loose ?

Based on your set up, I'd guess more likely it's slight push in ( due to low nose ) then once it grabs it snaps loose, but as mentioned you'll know because If no push loose will be worse, if that's your result then I'd look at rear wheel spacing off the frame first make sure RR or LR is not to far out.
I'd stick with the 8 & 12 caster as well.

Based on your set up, I'd guess more likely it's slight push in ( due to low nose ) then once it grabs it snaps loose, but as mentioned you'll know because If no push loose will be worse, if that's your result then I'd look at rear wheel spacing off the frame first make sure RR or LR is not to far out.
I'd stick with the 8 & 12 caster as well.
Too far out as in track width? Or spacing from frame?

I’ve had a hard time getting my cross down. Are you using the rear end or the rf shims or both? Running on a bigger track as well?

You can use both, check to see what pills are installed in the lr cassette. I typically run an 1/8th mile, but it did the exact same thing on a 1/3rd mile track

Yes RTW inside edge of the wheel to the frame ( cassette hanger ) to much spacing RR should be like 3/16 ", LR should be like 3/4" spacing.
I’m like 1 1/2” on LR spacing.
Yes RTW inside edge of the wheel to the frame ( cassette hanger ) to much spacing RR should be like 3/16 ", LR should be like 3/4" spacing.
thanks. Was waaay off one left rear spacing to cassette. Have it set to your numbers now and have the nose weight mounted to 47.3. Went up on the cross just one small shim on the rf to get a 68.7%. Will try weather depending tomorrow night and let you all know. I appreciate the help a ton.

I’m like 1 1/2” on LR spacing.

thanks. Was waaay off one left rear spacing to cassette. Have it set to your numbers now and have the nose weight mounted to 47.3. Went up on the cross just one small shim on the rf to get a 68.7%. Will try weather depending tomorrow night and let you all know. I appreciate the help a ton.
LR being that far out was most of your loose problem, however the added nose and cross should not hurt it now that the LR is close to where it should be.

LR being that far out was most of your loose problem, however the added nose and cross should not hurt it now that the LR is close to where it should be.
It felt much better Friday night. The toe was knocked out of the LF a little and got that lined up was much much better.
Now just to study a bit more and learn some on tire prep.

It felt much better Friday night. The toe was knocked out of the LF a little and got that lined up was much much better.
Now just to study a bit more and learn some on tire prep.
Best advice you can get there is get in contact with Earl from So Co tire treatments if he knows the track, he'll hook ya up with prep and what to do.
Good Luck. !!

did you try dropping your cross?? My Icon I dropped the cross by 2% and made a world of difference for me. almost same numbers as well

Back